A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kill-bill.com

Big gulps huh?
    nice site, i like it alot. The colors are very nice, the animations are on the simple side but very well done and smooth. Good animations on the main movies that play. Overall i think its one of the best movie sites ive seen lately.

I like the way they did the 3d effect on each scene. The rollover and rollout effects on each charater was nice aswell. And I still love Lucy!

yeah really nice rollovers

kill-bill.com

http://www.kill-bill.com/

The site has a nice look to it. Cool little roll overs to.

-NITIN ANAND-
    http://www.nanand78.com
    :::::::::: HTTP://WWW.NANAND78.COM ::::::::::

yeah watched the film yesterday as well, a must see for Tarantino fans, i did like it, shame about it being in two parts and having to wait untill 2004, well, thats tarantino for ya.

girlpower hahha this site is really good... can't wait to see the movie
    my msn : meilind4@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Dyn
    yeah watched the film yesterday as well, a must see for Tarantino fans, i did like it, shame about it being in two parts and having to wait untill 2004, well, thats tarantino for ya.

its not tarantino, its corporate F faces that spit the movie up. it was either that or cut the film down....but any way the movie rocked and the site is pretty cool. if you play the viper game it has these cool Flash animations that it send out to people.

Nice site, creative ...

one eyed queenslander big daddy bruce's Avatar
    Absolutely loved it
    Cheers mate

Big daddy

http://www.bluesquaremedia.com.au

great site, does the job well.

Great site
    ////FLASHPLAYER//

MY SITE>>

Killl Bills (how they did that?)

Hi guys!

Check this nice site about the kill bill movie!!
    if anyone can tell me how they did that paning effect with layers ...pls send me a demo i really want to know!! :>

(u got to wait a bit till it goes where i want, when uma turman is with her sword and theres a nightclub behind) thx again!

http://killbill.movies.go.com/vol1/flash/

Edited -------

I manage to do the effect, really happy out here..hehe thanks anyway
    Last edited by predador; 05-12-2004 at 07:09 PM.

I just saw the movie for the first time and BOY does it suck. Its sooooooo boring ...another one of those pretentious flicks..yawn! dig the official site tho!
    pickles

I hope this is sarcasm.

Sometimes people don't get movies like this that have references to old pop culture things, and use the art of larger-than-life characters to be interesting instead of just blowing up everything on screen, although there is a ton of action in Kill Bill 1.

For his part, Tarantino talks about how he didn't want the film to be pretentious here: http://media.movieweb.com/gallery/44...no_thurman.mp3

no, I am serious...its sucks in my opinion. And I feel that it is pretentious. Its one of those movies that you can imagine a bunch of 20-something 'Art House' wannabes sitting in a coffee house trying to discuss the intellectual depth behind the movie but not actually knowing what the heck they are talking about. Sorry, I just thought it was dull.
    pickles

So you'd rather it be a movie with no subtext, no character, no style ... just show me a bunch of explosions and action with some big guy and cheesy been-used-to-death dialogue?

Kill Bill is a work of genius, and it references so many pop culture 70s and 80s nuances. It's part nostalgia of the old westerns, samurai movies and revenge flicks. It's also got that crazy, jazzy, stylish world that Tarantino's mind lives in which is somewhere between 1962 and 1985, mixed together in a blender. It's also, obviously, part "girl power".

Now, I'm certainly not a fan of art fags acting like they're better than everyone else ... but this movie isn't that. It's dazzling and fun. But, if you don't like it because you didn't like the genre fine ... but don't say you don't like it because it's too smart for you (which it isn't trying to be). Again, Tarantino said he decidedly didn't want this movie to be pretentious, and it isn't. But it is better if you know where he's pulling these references (westerns, 70s kung fu films, japanese anime) from.

My response to when someone complains about a movie being stupid or pretentious is ... oh it's the MOVIE that's stupid because YOU didn't get it ... oh, yeah, that's what it was, the movie.

Originally posted by villain2
    So you'd rather it be a movie with no subtext, no character, no style ... just show me a bunch of explosions and action with some big guy and cheesy been-used-to-death dialogue?

Kill Bill is a work of genius, and it references so many pop culture 70s and 80s nuances. It's part nostalgia of the old westerns, samurai movies and revenge flicks. It's also got that crazy, jazzy, stylish world that Tarantino's mind lives in which is somewhere between 1962 and 1985, mixed together in a blender. It's also, obviously, part "girl power".

Now, I'm certainly not a fan of art fags acting like they're better than everyone else ... but this movie isn't that. It's dazzling and fun. But, if you don't like it because you didn't like the genre fine ... but don't say you don't like it because it's too smart for you (which it isn't trying to be). Again, Tarantino said he decidedly didn't want this movie to be pretentious, and it isn't. But it is better if you know where he's pulling these references (westerns, 70s kung fu films, japanese anime) from.

My response to when someone complains about a movie being stupid or pretentious is ... oh it's the MOVIE that's stupid because YOU didn't get it ... oh, yeah, that's what it was, the movie.
    pickles

Aka ozonew4m

very nice

very well constructed and flowing site..

i wonder if tarentino had any say in the style or construction of the site, like them two brothers did (cant remember their names right now ) who did the matrix films and all of its various mediums

tarentino rules

Wachowski Brothers.