Hi there

I'm looking for pointers here...

I've built an html site and have created a flash navigation for it - the navigation has one main level of navigation and also one sublevel of navigation....like so

[welcome]
[about] - subnav [a1] [a2]
[services] - subnav [s1] [s2] [s3] [s4]
[faq] - subnav [f1] [f2]
[contact]

the sub navs have titles but i can't be arsed typing them.

what i want to know is...

say I'm in the welcome.html page, the welcome button in on [lets say its red] and i click on the about button - i am taken to the about.html page but as the flash navigation is embedded in each html page how do i tell it to have the about button on [red] when in the about.html page instead of reverting back to the start position.

I have tried exporting 5 different version of the flash - so that for the about.html page i have script on the first frame that tells the movie to

gotoAndPlay("about");

and so on for each page...but then i'll have to do this for each sub page aswell and it seems really messy way of doing it. is there a way of doing this kind of thing in the html code so that i can just export the navigation.swf once and then in the html on each page tell the flash which frame to go to?

is there an easier way?
am i barking up the wrong tree?
how would u guys script the flash to work on an html site?

any help much appreciated - the simpler the better as I'm no scripting genius.

cheers

e

p.s. if anyone has any tutorials on this kind of stuff i'd love to read through them