A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Php

Arem

Php

I need serious help learning PHP and MySQL! Anyone think they could either provide me with an example or provide me with a website where I can learn the basics? After that I know I can develop on the skills and become good. But I need a little push, so if anyone could do that for me, I'd be very greatful!

By the way, if you know how to help me, keep in mind that I may not have the right programs, so I may need to download the programs. Like MySQL or PHP or something like that. (I really don't know anything about the stuff) Thanks again!

Re: Php

Originally posted by DmanPfeif
    I need serious help learning PHP and MySQL! Anyone think they could either provide me with an example or provide me with a website where I can learn the basics? After that I know I can develop on the skills and become good. But I need a little push, so if anyone could do that for me, I'd be very greatful!

By the way, if you know how to help me, keep in mind that I may not have the right programs, so I may need to download the programs. Like MySQL or PHP or something like that. (I really don't know anything about the stuff) Thanks again!
    If your hosting has them you don't need them unless you want to develop on your local machine. There are a few really good PHP books and the best place for questions is PhPBuilder

Some books I'd reccomend:

PHP/MySQL Programming for the Absolute Beginner

The best reference and simple to use book on PHP, not detail or tutorial like

Programming PHP

And for learing to use PHP as a backbone for MySql and building a e-commerce type app this one walks you through building a wine store in easy steps, very good book.

Web Database Applications with PHP & MySQL

And of course search the forum here, I've covered it some with integrating with 3dfa for things like a guestbook, and others.

Arem

ok...

Thanks Bret,
    WEll, as of right now, I'm downloading XAMPP which is like Apache, MySQl, Php MyAdmin and stuff, so I'll have my own little server running soon. When I get all finished with that, I'll need you guys to help me out learning how PHP and MySQL works.

Thanks!