A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Weird .gif problems with 3DFA...

Hybrid View

Weird .gif problems with 3DFA...

Hey everyone,

I was trying to make a website using .gif image files, well...this is what I got when I exported it.

What it looks in 3DFA (and what it's suppost to look like)...
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/thematrixd/Problem_1.jpg

What it looks like exported...
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/thematrixd/Problem_2.jpg

Any thoughts on what I should do? I have the latest edition of 3DFA.

I'm not completely sure... but maybe you have image compression on too high in the export options? Try lowering the image compression...

.......looks like a compression issue to me too. If it's only doing it with gif files(& turning off compressions doesn't help), try converting your images to bmp, and then importing them.

-J

It can't be a compression problem, since I have all compression off (including in the Advanced options). Plus, I made a "grid" in the background (using 3DFA) which does not show.

And if I do convert the images to .bmp and put on transparency, there will be white, nasty edges around each button. That's why I made them .gif's in the first place.

you could try png?

oh btw it could be a bug take the example and everything and send it to support@3dfa.com

Send me the images(lucky13thday@aol.com), I'll see what I can do. If nothing else I can get them to bitmaps without the white edges...........

-J

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    I had similar problems from time to time with .jpg's that weren't as sharp after export and 'wobbled' around. I found that changing the 'Quality' setting on the animation to 'Best' helped.

Just a thought.

Ian.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

Originally posted by ForumNewbie
    I had similar problems from time to time with .jpg's that weren't as sharp after export and 'wobbled' around. I found that changing the 'Quality' setting on the animation to 'Best' helped.

Just a thought.

Ian.
    I have the movie set on "Best" as well.

Originally posted by zoranvedek
    Send me the images(lucky13thday@aol.com), I'll see what I can do. If nothing else I can get them to bitmaps without the white edges...........

-J
    E-mail sent.

After looking at the original images, it appears that you have a very slight gradient(gradients and GIFs don't mix), so when compressed 3dfa is not exactly sure where to draw the border between the 2 colors of grey and appears to be dividing it into 3 distinct areas(take a jpeg that appears to be a solid color and convert it to a 4 bit GIF with no diffusion and you will get similiar results), I changed them all to bitmaps without using antialiasing, and they exported fine as long as compression was off.

Bitmaps are in you email........

-J