dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: printing and projectors

printing and projectors

posted earlier no response.
    is it even possible?

printing multiple movies from projector

I'm creating a cd-rom projector that has a number of movies each about 10 frames in length, explaing how a product works. I want to create a menu page where by an individual can select 6 of the 30 movies, and have them print one after the other.

Flash MX

thank you

Hey icarus666,

I'm afraid I dont have a definitive answer for you - but I'm pessimistic. So far I've read:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ionary627.html

I'm trying to do more or less exactly the same thing as you. I have a CD Rom projector that is basically a power-point style presentation tool, except that it loads content dynamically from an XML file. I need a function that will let me print the whole thing off so the client can print copies of his presentation (without having to go through each slide clicking "print" on each one... theoretically, there may be about 300 slides in there!)

I dont think its doable because it seems that flash's print only lets you print what exists on the stage currently - or would be on the stage at a particular frame. If what is at a particular frame is dynamic - ie: you want to print frame 5 in a particular state then in another different state within the same print(eg: diff text field content etc) you're in trouble. There's no apparent way to update what the print "sees" during a single print.

Hope that makes sense. Note: I havnt tried any of this but if I do Ill get back to you.

Has anyone else out there had this problem????? Or better still - Solved it????

Cheers,

Tim.

hey again

was just thinking about your prob - it is slightly different to mine...

Is it that you want loadMovie("movies.swf", targetMC) 10 times then print off simultaneously?

could you have all 10 existing on the timeline at the same time and using syntax:

print("_root","bframe");

a different 9 of the 10 would be masked out at each frame...

just a guess from looking at the help.

tim.

you may find a work around:

search for:

flash +printing +multiple

at google groups.

Tim

thanx 4 responses

thnx

I believe i found a way around.

Creating a menu movie that loads into level 99 or the top most level allowed by flash.

then as they choose each movie will load into the level starting with one and filling in each level , then printNum of each level occupied by a movie to be printed.

I think this is a tedious work around.

I'm not sure how yours works exactly is it that each frame requires you load a new movie?

Hey,

No, my movie is made up of a bunch of different clips sitting on the main timeline. As it plays it skips around from frame to frame loading variables into textfields and external swfs and jpegs too (dynamic - according to whats in an XML file). It may visit the same frame many times - but it will look totally different each time according to whats in the XML.

So the print just wont work... thanks for the interest anyway.

Tim.