A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: BattleMountain - new dutch multiplayer game

BattleMountain - new dutch multiplayer game

I've finally finished a new game for a client (and it's a big one)

WARNING: it's completely Dutch and you have to register to play it.

http://www.battlemountain.nl

It's a Multiplayer game where people don't have to be online at the same time. You challenge another player to a battle, shoot at him 5 times, choose 5 shields, and then wait for your opponent to reply. Winning gets you points and virtual money. The money can be used to buy bigger or stranger weapons.
    There are also 2 minigames that can be played once a day for extra virtual money.

some features:

- random landscapes
    - random wind
    - 4 random landscape types (space, desert, ice, rock)
    - 5 alien levels
    - 12 different weapons

I've attached 2 screenshots of the main game

The game is finished and the client is very happy with it. So I won't be changing anything anymore, unless there are some bugs that come up... Just thought I'd show it to you guys

Olorin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Olorin; 09-29-2003 at 06:47 PM.

Hey Mr Mod,

It took me a while to figure out how to actually get into the game

I couldnt really play it much because I didnt really know what to do. Yeh I know I had to shoot that X, but where on the X am I meant to hit??? I can't say much else really, except for the graphics were good and I liked the randomness with the places(ice, space, moon) and also the wind.

Sorry I can't say much, but I just cant read dutch

LEIGHT your #7 on the high score. I think I need some practice with this. It was tough getting in to play at first, since I don't speak/read dutch. Congratulations OLORIN, well done! I'll be back to practice.

Yeh I dono why I'm at number 7, but I'm not gona complain about it

I think I just joined up and walla, there I was at number 7.

btw: where exactly on the x sign are we meant to hit???

it doesn't really matter, as long as you hit the sign
    I've gotten your challenges and replied to them (and I did really bad because I forgot to buy some good weapons first :P ) So you should have an email with a link where you can see the result of our battle.

Maybe it helps if I give a translation of the menu:

Home-pagina: Home-page
    Status-pagina: Status-page
    Wapens Inkopen: Buy Weapons
    Ranglijst: toplist
    Wie Is Er Online? : Who's online ?
    Spelers zoeken: search for players
    Gegevens wijzigen: change your settings
    Vertel een vriend: Tell a friend
    Help!: Animated Help

Alien Eggs: Minigame1
    Blocks: Minigame2

Uitloggen: log out

I hope that helps a bit
    Oh, and you're on number 5 now leight (because it was just released, there are only 9 people now who signed up)

Olorin

I'm number 6 now. I got another question. after I have had my goes (i got 4 hits) it comes up with the screen with the coloured dots. what do I do there and what does it say when i click the KLLAR button (sending info to opponent?)

(im guessing schild is shield???)

the more I play it, the more i enjoy it

btw Olorin, did u just beat me or did I beat u???
    Last edited by leight; 09-30-2003 at 06:18 AM.

the screen with the coloured dots is where you choose your shields. Each type of shield defends against a different type of weapon:

Yellow shields defend against normal bullets
    Green shields defend against rockets
    Pink shields defend against blob-weapons

When you click the "Klaar" (finished) button, it sends all the shield data, and then you just click there to go back to your status page.
    (or, if you are answering a challenge from someone else, you click to see the result of the battle)

I just beat you (at the end of the game, there's a little animation where the winner is cheering and the loser is lying on the floor)

Olorin
    Last edited by Olorin; 09-30-2003 at 06:25 AM.

:)

[DUTCH]
    Hey man,

Erg goed gedaan!

Het is een leuk spel, het zou mischien leuker zijn om een paar dingen te veranderen, maar dat vertel ik je later nog wel, mijn broertje wil nu op de pc

Ik heb het maar zeer kort gespeeld maar vind het erg leuk!
    [/DUTCH]

Oegaboegaboega!

Hey! I beat Olorin!! I would like to take this opportunity to retire from the world of battlemountain...

Great game; I like the way you get to see the whole battle played out after each has submitted their moves. Works very well, no bugs to report.

I know you said you aren't improving the game any more beyond this point, but I'd like to make a suggestion: the player should have at least one of each type of weapon available each turn. I had about 6-7 draws because neither myself nor the other person had any thing except the normal bullet and our shields negated all damage. Maybe make the weakest of the bomb and slime weapons infinite, or at least give the player one or two of each.

Great job; got me hooked!
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

Yeah, I know what you mean japanreg But I think it's just a bit of a problem right now because it's still a new game. New people usually forget to buy weapons, and that is why a lot of people are using the yellow shields, because most people are shooting with normal bullets. But after a while, I think people will start using more of the special weapons, so that will also cause a shift in the use of shield, which will make bullets better again (okay... that sounds a bit too complicated ) Maybe the basic rocket and blob should be a bit cheaper... I'll just see how it goes, and maybe I'll change that in the future.

Also: don't forget that you can earn extra money from playing the minigames (and there will probably be more minigames in the future) and you also get money for loosing or getting a draw, so it shouldn't be too difficult to buy weapons

I'm very happy that you like the game, and it seems to be quite a succes so far (933 battles played by 83 users in 21 hours)

Olorin