dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is this good business ethics?

Is this good business ethics?

if u have a web company, and you want to show examples of flash websites and styles is it wrong to put a link to a flash website that isnt yours showcasing the power of flash?
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

that question should never even come up.. if you have to do that then you are fooling propective clients who will get work that they didn't want because it cannot be reproduced.. if anyone thought about doing this they are definatly a bad business move

what should i do if one of my websites is the one that is being highlighted in someone else's portfolio as an "example"?
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

it depends, if you mean featuring someone elses work in your portfolio and it could be interpreted as yours by anyone, then yes. But let's say your client tells you what he needs and you suggest a rich internet application. He doesnt know what that is so you explain it, but he still doesnt get it. Then (if you havent done any RIAs yet) I believe it would be ok to show him one that you havent done, but make sure you say that you didnt do this and say exactly what you can and can't do (if necessary, outsource it to the company that did the one you are referencing).

if your work is being featured in someone elses portfolio and you are uncomfortable with it, ask them to remove it. But if a company that doesnt do flash got a job for it and outsourced it to you, they most likely have the right to show it in their portfolio because you were working for their business at that time.

It depends on the situation...
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

what should i do if one of my websites is the one that is being highlighted in someone else's portfolio as an "example"?
    Maybe he would be real sport about it and actually tell the perspective client "Hey, I didn't do that one you really liked - let's give him the work ! "

Wow, lifes great in wally world...