dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Learning Interactions results?

Learning Interactions results?

Hello,

I put together a quiz using the built in Learning Interactions, just a few questions. however I would like a page at the end to sum everything up, maybe time, score, etc. like when you use the quiz template.
    Does anyone know where I would begin to get this to work?
    Thanks for any help offered.

Jon

The learning interactions are designed to treat the quiz as a whole, and report back to an AICC/SCORM compliant LMS. They use a custom object to track the quiz locally and submit the results at the end.

Try displaying the values of these variables at the end of your quiz:

QuizTrack.elapsed_time
    QuizTrack.percent_correct

You can test your movie and use the output window or debugger to see the names and values of the variables that MM's Quiz object stores as well. The instance name of the Quiz object should be QuizTrack.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

actually, i plan on posting this to a SCORM compliant LMS(Aspen by click2learn) and my only problem seems to be having the quiz communicate with the LMS. i can run through it, but i dont think the LMS is tracking it at all.

as for adding variables, where would i do that? when using the flash learning interactions the actions are hidden, right? i cant seem to find all the actions that make up the learning interactions.

thanks for your help.
    jon

The AS for all the learning interactions is contained in a bunch of components that are included in the template. You don't need to worry about it. I'm just telling you what to reference inside your Flash movie if you want to display the data. I thought the interactions did so automatically, guess not. You don't have to assign data to any variables, I'm just letting you know which ones to read.

Make sure when you publish, you choose Flash w/SCORM tracking as your html template, or the movie will have no way of communicating with the tracking API.

Click 2 Learn should also have a content development guide that covers the basics. It's good to understand SCORM and not rely on extensions/components.
    Last edited by PAlexC; 10-02-2003 at 11:06 AM.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog

I actually have an updated SCORM exporting template from click2learn, so that should work.
    however, I've been trying to display the values of variables you mentioned and I'm still not getting any output on my last frame(which is currently blank).
    any advice?
    thanks.

I could be wrong about the variable names, I just did a quick scan of the code. Run the movie in the debugger and see where the values are stored.