A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Changing Text inside a button/web page

Question

I'm trying to create a webpage, where the user can change the text inside of a button. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Basically, the page is a general template, where the user can then customize the fields/text to suit his need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use a textfield to get the name of the button from the user, store it in a variable, and use the variable in a textfield to display the users buton name in any other instances of the button.

Unfortunately, that won't accomplish what I'm trying to do. It needs to be a permenant change, so that when they reload the program, the page will be formatted according to the parameters they typed in earlier. What I'm trying to do is have an individual choose all the values/parameters and store them to a text file. When the webpage loads, it then reads from the text file to get the formatting as desired by the user.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by garbage:
    Use a textfield to get the name of the button from the user, store it in a variable, and use the variable in a textfield to display the users buton name in any other instances of the button.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Make the button names and urls and other infromation loaded an external text doucments named as seperat variabels. Check out the fla in the movie section. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.