A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: adding sound effects

adding sound effects

Hi,

Well i have made a button and i want to add a sound effect for it when the mouse hovers over this. I had read a tutorial but it's too hard to understand so can someone please tell me in a step by step more simple way?

thnx

Hi,

too hard to understand? Just dubbelclick on the button and import the sound when mouse over.

ik.
    I cannot live without dreaming, but maybe it is just a dream that I am living...

Re: adding sound effects

Originally posted by Hientc
    Hi,

Well i have made a button and i want to add a sound effect for it when the mouse hovers over this. I had read a tutorial but it's too hard to understand so can someone please tell me in a step by step more simple way?

thnx
    Guys, lets try not to forget this is the newbie section, and this is a totally valid question.

Answer: When you convert something to a "button" your make it into a symbol. You can edit this button by simply double clicking on it (in your main movie). Once you are in the symbol editing mode you will see 4 frames, UP, OVER, DOWN, HIT. Up is the normal buttons appearance, ie the mouse isnt over it or clicking it. Over is the appearance of the button when the mouse is hovering over its region. Down is the appearance when someone clicks on the button. Hit is simple a frame that allows you to define the clickable area of the button. For example if you had text for a button, it can sometimes be hard to click on, therefore simply make a rectangle in the hit area that is slightly bigger than the text. Now then for the sound select the frame in which you want the sound to occur. Click the frame in the timeline, press F6 (Insert Keyframe), then click on the keyframe. Now check your properties panel and you should see a pulldown menu "Sounds". Select the sound you want to play, you can also enable looping here. If you don't see any sounds there then you need to import your sounds. Go to File, Import to library, and find your sound.

If you still can't do it, buy a book or hire a tutor

-Evan