A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: wwd07.com - Worldwide.designers.2007

Hybrid View

Worldwide.designers.2007

Worldwide.designers.2007
    http://www.wwd07.com/

SPAMMER
    The artwork and some of the movement is beautiful, but alot of the time there is too much happening, reminds me of the dancing hamsters.

wow i love the liitle bird that follows you. nice site.

Looks nice but found it totally confusing, hard to navigate and didn't find the need for full screen.

As a promotional tool for the book I think it failed in its task. Dare say the actual book is very good though.

Pretty cool site, I really enjoyed it. The graphics are especially nice

Symsonic Design Studios
    how do they do 3d stuff such as on site load the book slowly forms up? Is that just really good use of perspective and stuff in flash or is some other software used?

wonderful

lovely site, it's no nice to visit sites with out of the ordinary concept to refresh your inspiration and view over the new things out there even when it's not the most easy site to navigate or it's somehow hard to read the content or find it or whatever.

nice find !

cute. nice artwork and visual design. too bad useablity is a bit subpar. not clear at all, and it when i moused over one of the in book links, it would highlight the one above it.

would be better as an experimental playground than portfolio.

the hotspots for the navigation are so off. I can see how maybe you would do that to make room for the animation. So maybe make a custom cursor with a longer arrow. Art and animation are great. Just don't like the arrow pointing to another nav then the one selected.

Originally posted by egush13
    the hotspots for the navigation are so off. I can see how maybe you would do that to make room for the animation. So maybe make a custom cursor with a longer arrow. Art and animation are great. Just don't like the arrow pointing to another nav then the one selected.
    Actually, I figured out the navigation. It's not that your arrow has to be on another nav than the one selected. What's going on is that the bird (or its shadow), trails your mouse cursor. You have to drag the cursor the the menu you want, and click on it as the shadow of the bird gets there, but since it slows down as it nears the cursor, it seems much easier and faster to drag the bird's shadow to the proper nav when the cursor is a bit further down, coz it's still not slowing down yet as it's trying to reach the cursor. Not sure if you understand what I just said, hehe. Anyway, I dig the site as far as the looks go. The navigation is a cool concept, and if this was a portfolio site that's intended to show off his actionscript skills, it would be fine, but for the purpose of this site, I think it's "too much". I still like the site overall nonetheless.
    Illustrations, animations, games, and interactions on the web as you've never seen.
    SKYCASTLE STUDIOS

well as for ths site i wont comment, because i didn't really work it out lol.

But visualy it is so damn good. The layout and the design of it all, it's something i think all other designers will apreciate visually.
    Last edited by Ritchie-T; 10-05-2003 at 05:12 PM.

Originally posted by Grifter730
    Actually, I figured out the navigation. It's not that your arrow has to be on another nav than the one selected. What's going on is that the bird (or its shadow), trails your mouse cursor. You have to drag the cursor the the menu you want, and click on it as the shadow of the bird gets there, but since it slows down as it nears the cursor, it seems much easier and faster to drag the bird's shadow to the proper nav when the cursor is a bit further down, coz it's still not slowing down yet as it's trying to reach the cursor. Not sure if you understand what I just said, hehe. Anyway, I dig the site as far as the looks go. The navigation is a cool concept, and if this was a portfolio site that's intended to show off his actionscript skills, it would be fine, but for the purpose of this site, I think it's "too much". I still like the site overall nonetheless.
    thats true, but users are so accustomed to placing their cursor over a link, that changing this relationship really messes up useablity.