A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash 5 and paypal

flash 5 and paypal

okay, can anybody give me a working example of a flash 5 site hooked up to paypal, actually using flash buttons to communicate the paypal form variables? i'va made a functional hybrid site (http://www.scrapmenagerie.com) but i'd like to see if i can get another 100% flash site hooked up (http://www.grooveisintheart.com). thanks for any help...

Hi,

you would probably have to use a cart built into your flash movie, and send the totals to paypal on checking out.

Musicman

Hi,

I'm also on my way to insert a shopping cart in a flash site.

The thing is that I still haven't found any example or tutorial about "send the totals to paypal on checking out". How does it works ?

What about the HTML code given by PayPal for each of the goods ?

Thanks.

Hi,

you can neither use the html code for individual items nor, according to other posts here, their flash components.
    So basically you would send them a request that says "items for purchase #4711291 at USD 23.99"
    The way paypal works the visitor would be sent to a thankyou url after paying (which would have the purchase number as part of the url)
    Of course, flash cannot do that by itself: you should use some server script to assign distinct purchase numbers to your visitors and to store the details of their purchase. If this is impossible, there might be a chance to build something else, but closing the browser right after paying might lose the order

Musicman

This thing (PayPal) seems quite complicate.

I'm not sure I got your explanation. I'm afraid that going to take me time to setup.

If you have any usefull links, that's would be great.

Thanks.

Hi,

het the shopping_cart and ipn pdf files from the paypal site. The first one has a section on integrating a 3rd party cart with paypal .... your flash movie will take that role

Musicman

Where can I find these pdf files you are talking about?
    They seem interesting.

Thanks

Hi,

on the paypal site, go Merchant tools, then manual

Musicman

thanks for all the help and information everyone. if anyone would like any help with the paypal component using html and asp i would be glad to offer any assistance but i'll be learning about the flash and paypal issue myself.