dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash for Ipaqs?

Flash Designer

Flash for Ipaqs?

In addition for creating a Flash CD Rom, my client also wants me to make the flash run on an Ipaq. Do I have to create two seperate versions at two different sizes, or can I do it in the FSCommand Scale Option? I'm creating the flash for 800 by 600. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

You would probably be better off creating 2 seperate versions. The most common screen resolution for a pocket pc is about 240 X 260 - so already your layout may have to change since the screen is higher than it's width. Plus the images you would use on a cd would be a much higher resolution than you would require for a pocket pc.

You should download the sdk from macromedia - it contains some valuable information as far as what you can and cannot do on a pocket pc.
    www.electricbluemonkey.com

ScreenResolution

Re: Flash for Ipaqs?

Take a look at MX 2004 - it has some built in templates for the various handhelds already loaded into it.

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dev...ment_kits.html

There was a link floating around awhile back for an official MM pocketpc development kit that would let you create projectors, someone was complaining that they wanted $500 for it.

Unfortunately I can't find it anymore, but try searching through macromedia.com
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.