dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: LOTR Expert required: quick question pls

LOTR Expert required: quick question pls

Is it true that if Aragorn regains the lost crown of Gondor then he becomes immortal?

Thx

You'll just have to wait and see, my baby!

I've read the books, but it was a while ago and I ust cant remember. The more I think about it..doesnt Arwen have to sacrifice her immortality when she marries Aragorn? I think she does..*starts to reread lotr*

I think that she sacrifices her immortality, but then again, she may not. I don't care for that subplot at all, it seems unnecessary and out of place in the movie. In the books, you need to check the apendix to find much about Arwen. She appears in the first book at Rivendell for a brief moment, then reappears once Aragorn is crowned king to become his queen.

I don't think that Aragorn becomes immortal though.

if you have the original edition return of the king it will have many appendices in the back, what happens to everyone after the end of the book is in there, included arwen and aragorn.

read through those, lots there about everyone.

I wasn't very sure how I felt about that subplot when I first read the books. (I think the tree was more interesting ).

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Originally posted by yasunobu13
    I think that she sacrifices her immortality, but then again, she may not. I don't care for that subplot at all, it seems unnecessary and out of place in the movie. In the books, you need to check the apendix to find much about Arwen. She appears in the first book at Rivendell for a brief moment, then reappears once Aragorn is crowned king to become his queen.

I don't think that Aragorn becomes immortal though.
    In the first movie it made it appear as such (that if she married Aragon she loses her immortality). Yet in the second movie it clearly showed this would not happen. It shows her dream/vision (before the elves join the fight in helms deep) that if she chooses to love Aragon she will have to watch him grow old wither and die, and she will be forever left to mourn her dead king. The scene shows him getting older, then it shows him old and grey, then it showas him dead, then it show his statue/memorial where she is bent over crying, etc., etc. All of this is happens yet she remains the same age.

Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    I wasn't very sure how I felt about that subplot when I first read the books. (I think the tree was more interesting ).
    books? What books?

*Runs off to google it.*

Originally posted by flipshark
    In the first movie it made it appear as such (that if she married Aragon she loses her immortality). Yet in the second movie it clearly showed this would not happen. It shows her dream/vision (before the elves join the fight in helms deep) that if she chooses to love Aragon she will have to watch him grow old wither and die, and she will be forever left to mourn her dead king. The scene shows him getting older, then it shows him old and grey, then it showas him dead, then it show his statue/memorial where she is bent over crying, etc., etc. All of this is happens yet she remains the same age.
    Hence my first sentence.

I never read the Appendices because I never cared for the subplot, I thought the books did well in merely mentioning it.

aragorn doesn't become immortal in the story, and no crown should do that... but then again, considering how peter jackson hacked up some MAJOR parts of the story in the two towers, i wouldn't be surprised if he turned immortal and sprouted wings

as far as i can remember, as for arwen, by remaining on earth with aragorn she gives up her place in the gray havens (where all the elves are emmigrating to) and thus is doomed to mortality on earh.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    I'm going with the majority here and saying that Aragorn does not ever become immortal and Arwen does have to give up her immortality to marry him, as per her father's advice as to what she would have to give up if she insists on getting involved with him while Frodo (et al) was at Rivendell.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Sometimes it's sad when we show how geeky we truely are

Originally posted by yasunobu13
    Sometimes it's sad when we show how geeky we truely are
    indeed.

truly geek-alicious.

*back to programming*

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by I_am_TheFlasher
    books? What books?

*Runs off to google it.*

*shudder*

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

since when was reading classic and extremely influential books considered geeky?

nerdiest. thread. evah.

/runs & hides
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Originally posted by stevietat2
    since when was reading classic and extremely influential books considered geeky?
    it's not the books, and the reading them. it's the memorization of the Elvish language that would classify you as geek.

or Klingon for that matter. Ger-Pak!

(or something)

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    I'm going with the majority here
    I don't see why there's a debate, the book says exactly what happens.

Wait, I though Arwin gives her star to Aragorn?

Or is that the movie over-writing my memory of the book?

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion
    I don't see why there's a debate, the book says exactly what happens.
    20 years has not only lost the memory, it's lost the book as well, so I'm stuck with what I've seen in the movies.

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting