dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Client Management Systems?

Client Management Systems?

I try hard to sell my design services and give my clients the absolute best product I can. Every mentor or business minded person I speak with recomends contacting clients every 90 days to stay fresh in their minds. One guy even recomended on his site sending birthday cards (I like that idea).

I want to konw how people keep track of the most recent contacts they've had with clients, whether it is a database, a simple calander, or an actual piece of software out ther for such a purpose.

What are some other client management tips people have?

thanks,
    Steve

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar

Re: Client Management Systems?

Originally posted by steveguberman
    What are some other client management tips people have?

thanks,
    Steve
    I highly recommend slathering your clients in honey, staking them down, and then holding a tin of fire ants over them while you chant 'my way is the right way - say it after me...'.

Other than that, my memory usually serves as a pretty decent date checker and if they want something done, I get out one of those pen'n'paper combos and make some quick notes - being careful not to let said paper disappear into the sands of time that is my desktop.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Señor member

Re: Re: Client Management Systems?

Originally posted by hurricaneone

Other than that, my memory usually serves as a pretty decent date checker and if they want something done, I get out one of those pen'n'paper combos and make some quick notes - being careful not to let said paper disappear into the sands of time that is my desktop.
    I've got one of those ... mine is the executive version though, I have a pen instead of a pencil

A diary isn't a bad idea, when you win a client, make a note in your diary to give them a quick "how's everything working out" call a few months after the project is over. Send them a christmas card, birthday cards seem a little corny but a christmas card (preferably a "real" paper card with a written message is a nice little reminder).
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar

Re: Re: Re: Client Management Systems?

Originally posted by jamble7000
    I've got one of those ... mine is the executive version though, I have a pen instead of a pencil
    You freakin' poseur. I bet it's one of those pens that you can refill as well.

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

first of all you should have a folder or something for each of your clients, where you keep legal documents and conversations

if you sent an email or letter, print out an extra and stick it in there. if you called them or contacted them in some other way in that it can't be added directly to a file, write a note of it and stick it in the file.

oh and a better idea is to send a websites birthday card to the client. they really like that.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

Señor member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Client Management Systems?

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    You freakin' poseur. I bet it's one of those pens that you can refill as well.

hehe ... not yet, I think only the biggest agencies in the world can afford the Tycoon Pack®
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand