A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: trouble with jpeg not panning smooth

trouble with jpeg not panning smooth

Please someone answer!!
    I have an image of a boat that I would like to pan slowly across the water and maybe up and down a bit but I can't get it to pan smoothly. What can I do? Frame rate is 24fps and I don't think the file size is too large. What can I do? Is it just not possible? But I have seen things pan soo smooth.

Don
    Attached Files Attached Files

How about now?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sometimes the most simple things are the most effective...

thanks but too fast

Ingale
    I really appreciate the response but the speed of the boat must be slow. The overall feel must be placid and calm. Is there any way to smooth it out keeping it slow?

Don

Perhaps you should try using ActionScript. I'm not very good at, but I know there's a possibility to do it. It should be something like:
    if the X position of the boat equals to or bigger than (insert your X value) add so and so pixels on the X untill it reaches this number (enter the X value). Something like that...
    As I said, I'm not very good at it...

Sometimes the most simple things are the most effective...

Flash Designer
    Hi dondmcg,

I have not seen the file you are trying to fix. But if I were trying to make a ship slowly and smoothy pan across the screen, without using any action scripting, I would just create a movie clip of the pan, and make the tween long. The longer the tween the slower and smoother the pan will be. At least that has been my experience. Then I would just bring the MC on the stage. Of course, you will have to choose the check movie option to see the MC work.

Other than that, I'm sure there is a way for action script to do it. But I'm just learning that.

Ingale thank you for the code I am not very god at actionscript either but I understand what you are saying and it may be my only option. Moethejoe the file is embedded in the first post caled untitled-3 it has a boat movie in it created the way you suggested but still chokes thanxs for the help.