A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FSCommand and parameters

FSCommand and parameters

What I want to do is pass a parameter/variable from one projector to another that is called with a fscommand. Can this be done?

Another issue is cross projector communication. Can one projector see variables in another projector?

The idea is to open a projector that dynamically displays a flashpaper swf dependent upon a passed variable - a bit of a workarounf on opening pdf's, I want to see if flashpaper will do the job I want but dont really want to create multiple projectors to launch specific pages. Does that make sense?

I am hoping the answer is yes and I am just not seeing the solution.

Thanks,
    Matt

Hi, with Flash Studio PRO you can enable Socket Communication for direct communication between multiple projectors. There are sample files available at http://www.multidmedia.com/downloads - I hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply Gambini.

I'm already a FSPro user and your sugestion would certainly work but I was looking for a cross platform solution. BTW when will you create a Mac version of FSP?

I found what I was looking for - localConnection. Through a combination of this and FlashPaper I was able to create a cross platform CDROM system to view documents that would usually be PDF's.