dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: LoadMovie basics

LoadMovie basics

I am doing the simplest task! I created a movie clip instance with the name Move Holder. I created a action of LoadMovie on the Key Frame that holds the instance. The Movie I want top load there is called SlidingTimeLine.swf

What am I doing wrong.

Here are the errors:

Scene=History Time-line, Layer=Layer 16, Frame=32: Line 1: ')' or ',' expected
    loadMovie (SlidingTimeLine.swf, Move Holder);

Error opening URL "file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Lindsay/My%20Documents/Personel%20CD/Flash%20Project/SlidingTimeLine"

No spaces allowed, quote the string in parenthesis and write it this way, it's more dependable:

_root.Move_Holder.loadMovie("SlidingTimeLine.swf") ;

Continuing Problem

Well I was able to get the error messages to end and I loadded the swf into the movie.

But... The swf is only showing the first frames of the 1st scene and none of the functionality is working?

I created a shaired Lib file with all of the assets linked and published that swf.

I opened the ultimate movie and dropped those symbols, buttons and movie clips into that files stage via Open as shaired Lib (then deleted them from the stage).

The ultimate file's Lib shows all of the required assets now in the file (looks good to me).

When I test the movie (or publish it) the scene where I want the loadmovie to show, only shows the graphic content of the first frames, no sub-movie clips in that swf or functionality?

Please HHEEELLLLP This is so close to working I cant stand it!

Sorry, can't help with the shared libraries. Never used them.