A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Controlling player positioning relative to swf

Controlling player positioning relative to swf

That title probably doesn't make sense.

What I need to do is have a video on the left, with player buttons below it, then on the left I have a floor plan where a red circle plays over it, in sync with the video.

It's a presentation for a condo, so the redcircle shows where you are walking through the floor plan, synchronized with the video (a 3D animation).

The problem I am having is, the players that I have (that have the progress/buffer bar) align themselves with the whole swf and I cannot control it. It puts the player buttons in the middle, instead of on the left where I need it.

I hope that's clear.

I was hoping someone had a link to a more customizable player. I have the ones from FlashComponents.com and .org as well as WildForm (which are the closests to being usable, they just don't have a buffer bar).

Thanks.

Most controller like this use the width and _x position of the video to align themselves. You would have to go in and manually change the code in the component to make the controller "think" differently when it aligns itself.

You could probably subtract or multiply the variable it is checking to change how it behaves.

You may want to just make your own buttons if you don't need a progress bar.

Thanks.

I'll look into that, but my as skills are far from good, or current, for that matter.

I do need a progress bar, unfortunately. The free players on the WildForm site are very nice, but no bar!

How difficult would it be to add a buffer/progress bar?

Anyone have a player that does these things that they'd like to sell??

Understandable.

I'm working on a configurable controller with buffering at the moment - but the controller won't be available for another month or so. I'm planning on releasing it as a component.

Well, that sucks for me! ;-)

That's good to know, I am hoping that this work will continue and I'll need a good video player that I can control, position, etc., etc.

I'll keep an eye out for it. Do you plan on selling it? Or giving it away?

Sorry,

But that's why I'm building it - so non-programmers can just set the parameters , edit an .xml file, and be off.

I will be selling the component or licensing it (I already have way too much time into it to give it away) - if I get the time I will be writing a manual and supplying the components and .xml files on CD.

Sounds great, Wheels!
    I would be interested in this for sure

Good luck with it!