A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: An interesting read on the Eolas/Microsoft case

An interesting read on the Eolas/Microsoft case

dlowe93

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    You know, the more I read about this case, the more I'm thinking that the judge overseeing the trial was hell-bent on seeing M$ get screwed.

Not because they deserved it, but because precedent had been set that M$ were the bad guys, and would always be the bad guys. Disallowing the guy that wrote the linked piece to demonstrate Viola and additionally, disclose his prior arts etc. was tantamount to not allowing the key witness submit their testimony in a murder trial, resulting in the killer going free and the unlikley innocent of M$ talking the fall.

And of course, the Patent Office should be ashamed of itself as well. That a patent was issued to Mike Doyle on a technology that he obviously did not (originally) create is just a glaring oversight - my question is, is it possible that a patent once issued could be withdrawn if additional information comes to light about the validity of the claimant's right to that technology?
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Not much to say. We all lost. time to figure out a way to work around it.

The more I read about this case the more I think Microsoft wanted to lose it. It makes more work for us, that we probably won't be paid for, but the point I don't totally understand is why Microsoft would do this to content developers. Maybe to prove once and for all that they call the shots as to the direction the internet takes.

I just figured out for my own site alone, I have 239 pages of html that I have to modify. Going to give myself a few days to think this thing through before I start modifying using Macromedia's work arounds. I set my site up so it was modular and easy to update, maybe I can work up a new html template. But this is going to be a real pain. I may try and institute some sort of php method to deal with it. But with over 238 files that I haven't put in a db, this isn't going to be easy either.

unlikley innocent of M$ talking the fall.
    The Unlikely Innocent Micro$

BOO HOO

Too bad WE are the ones that are going to get reamed on this one.
    Didn't some kid at USC or something( I can't remember ) INVENT the graphical browser - somebody get him his check too!

It's just one more thing thats going to make such an awesome medium such as the internet SUCK and put us back another 5 years.

Originally posted by wiley173

Didn't some kid at USC or something( I can't remember ) INVENT the graphical browser - somebody get him his check too!
    Click on the link and follow the thread before replying. It might help with the conversation.

d.
    dlowe93

Click on the link and follow the thread before replying. It might help with the conversation.
    Why don't you QUOTE my ENTIRE post before you make lame comments.
    It WILL help the conversation.

have a

Why don't you QUOTE my ENTIRE post before you make lame comments.
    It WILL help the conversation.

have a
    Sorry brother, didn't mean to tick you off.

The reason i started this thread was to hear what others though specifically about the article i posted and the legal issues that it raises.

No need to get cranky, i'm just asking for intelligent discussion here.

d.
    dlowe93

thought specifically about the article
    Wow, more insults... Way to go !!!!!
    Keep them coming.

I'm just sorry my oppinion didn't match SPECIFICALLY with your specification sir.

Is it just me or did you say.......

comments?....
    I gave you what you asked for MY COMMENTS. NEXT time be more specific it might help get the thread EXACTLY the way you want it.

????anal people???

I've read a few of your posts so far today wiley, and it seems you'd be a better 'people person' if you got that stick removed from your arse.

I'm sure if we sent a hat around, we could raise the necessary funds for the operation, but we may not be able to afford the anesthetic.

What a shame.

Thank you for your oppinion. Now I have a suggestion for you...

stop thinking about sticking objects in arses and keep reading my posts, I'm glad you are enjoying them as much as I am.

wiley, I'd read your posts, except they have nothing of substance there-in so I'd just be wasting my time.

So although it's a tempting offer, I'm going to pass.

And the best part - if everyone else decides to pass on your posts, perhaps you'll bugger off and go and annoy people on some other board.

WOW, that was GREAT !!!!! Got any more?

Hey hurricaneone ,

I think you are getting "OFF TOPIC" with your posts and that REALLY annoys dlowe93.

Just giving you a heads up but please.... do continue.

Hey hurricaneone ,

I think you are getting "OFF TOPIC" with your posts and that REALLY annoys dlowe93.

Just giving you a heads up but please.... do
    continue.
    Ok, so i tried to be polite professional and that got me nowhere.

See, i leave for a series of client meetings and look what happens, Hurricane steps up and hands out the beat down. I knew sooner or later he'd show up.

Some of us have actual clients you know. I guess there really aren't that many people in Ventura lining up to purchase lame template sites, otherwise Wiley wouldn't have so much time to spend on Flashkit.

Off topic doesn't bother me, it's ignorant comments that have been said 100 times before, that have no meaning on the general drift of the thread that bother me. It's somebody jumping on another poster for something taken out of context and their reply clearly shows that they understood neither what the poster said or what he/she intended.

It's people in the Boardroom, which is generally a polite forum where people can come for advice and discussion about topics relating to professional matters in our industry, who come here and act like immature forum trolls that bother me.

Besides, if you spent more than 10 minutes in the Boardroom, you'd know that Hurricane and i pretty much see eye-to-eye. We're kind of the unoffical good cop bad cop team here. Nice try, but time to unplug your computer and go relax on the beach for a while. You'll live longer.

Ok, i'm done. He's all yours Hurricane,

d.
    dlowe93

Wow, dlowe93

You wrote all that jiberish in regard to my quote. YOU have turned this into a circus. I didn't read your last post becuase this is stupid already.

Why not just let someone post their oppinion. TRY IT !!!!! When you ask for comments, DONT GET MAD WHEN YOU GET COMMENTS.

IDIOT

We're kind of the unoffical good cop bad cop team here
    I actually was going to get nasty until I realized I'm basically talking to a kid. no comment

When you ask for comments, DONT GET MAD WHEN YOU GET COMMENTS.
    But there you are mistaken. Comments have not been asked for - unless they're funny of course - but yours are not.

Intelligent observations are more the rule here, but as you have neither demonstrated your intelligence nor seem particularly observant, we'll have to cut you a break.

Until you get banned, anyway.

I actually was going to get nasty until I realized I'm basically talking to a kid. no comment
    And calling someone at their place of business and verbally threatening them is not nasty? Seriously not cool.

If i have offended, i apologize.

I'm done with this and have asked the administrator to close the thread.

d.
    dlowe93