dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scroll using dynamic text from a txt file

Banned
    If it works on two seperate frames it should work the same in 2 scenes. Will look into it, and will also pursue your other set up.
    Don't expect an answer in the next 5 minutes though!

not at all .. i know you probably is going out of your way to help me and i appreciate it ..

I tried to make them into 2 scenes but no succeess on that ..

Banned
    Here's your 2 scenes bit...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    And here's the other one...

And this one doesn't use LoadVars() - it could! - but your original (although modified) loadVariables action.
    Last edited by oldnewbie; 10-11-2003 at 09:27 AM.

Can i call you master or you prefer to be called Yoda ? .. You rock dude ..

Thanks you so much you are my hero ..

You just did a little mistake but it was little enough for me to notice .. For those of you who are reading this and would like to use the fla with the 2 scrolls on the same frame you just have to change the var imput on the dynamic box of the second scroll to _level0.text2 .. you forget it and left it as text ..

Thanks you so much .. Hope to cya sometime ..

Banned
    Good you spotted that slight error. I had changed it (otherwise it just wouldn't have worked!)... Must have made a mistake when not saving the corrected .fla or when zipping it up.

Maybe I should change my handle to Yodoldnewbie!

In you strong is the flash force ..

Yoda master your padwan is #$$%$% again ..

Tryed to take that fla that you made with the scrolls in different scenes and add more scenes and scrolls .. guess what ? My ignorancy didn't allowed it to work ..

Can you check out the file I'm attaching to this post .. there are five scenes and now i want five scrolls .. i also would appreciate if you told me how to add even more scenes and scrolls to this fla .. I'm using that several2 files .. Should i be using other files than this .. for instance several1 or several3 files ?

HEEELLPPPP !!

Thanks

Banned
    Does Yodoldnewbie never get time to rest?

Will look into it but only tonight!

So the buttons on the left would take you to each scene?

yep but i didn't put the actions yet ..

thanks a lot big guy ..

Banned
    Think I can manage that!
    Later...

Banned
    What are you saying? Your last .fla seems to work fine for me?

I couldn't make it work with 5 scenes ... and 5 different texts .. please look at it again .. there's something wrong .. I need 5 scenes and 5 texts .. did you look at the stuff i added in the action frames ? IS i correct ?

Banned
    Added a next scene button... And as I said, works fine for me!

Banned
    Unless you want 5 textfields per scene with 5 different textfiles all together? Is that it?

some friendly advice: dont use scenes, and as for the dynamically loading textfield w/ a .txt file.

And 2ndly, when ur dealing with dynamic text-fields, u have to use a variable in ur text field that goes with the LoadVars actionscripting, just make sure u have the proper vars in the variables area for that textfield. If you are already doing that, and is still not working, maybe it has to do with how u have 2 scenes. Personally I dont like working with other scenes, as MM doesnt really give support documentation on that topic from what Ive seen. Like I don't know how-to go back & forth from scene to scene in Flash MX. And as for differences in Flash & Flash6 with LoadVars, as for as Flash 6 goes, Im thinking that MM made textfields even more dynamic with the release of "Flash MX", like I never used Flash 5 too much, so I basically started with Flash MX, and from what Ive heard they made textfields more dynamic (actionscripting wise) for flash 6, is that correct ?
    Last edited by TRJNET; 10-14-2003 at 02:44 PM.
    consultant / contractor / designer

i want one scroll per scene .. and 5 scenes .. what was happening was that when i added the other scenes and the scripts (wich i copied from the one with 2 scenes just changing the text 2 to text 3,4,5 and altered the loading text action frame to load this new texts) the right text didnt load .. in its place appeared a wrong text .. for instance if i was seeing scene 4 and after altering things as i said the text tha loaded was from scene 1 but i had alteraded it to load the scene 4 text .. It's confusing i know .. I'll try the main 2 u posted and if something got wrong i'll call you back .. lol .. i'll give you something back for the trouble ..