A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DID you know Utah beer vs. other states

no, hard to belive, beer company's make a lower content just for Utah.
    I drank a wyoming beer and a cali beer and its like drinking 2 beers and tastes beter. Utah beer is watered down tasting. If you don't belive me I can send you some and see for your self.
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

Utah beer: Not as watered down as you think

The alcohol in beer made and shipped to Utah used to be measured using an outdated scale: ABW (ALCOHOL BY WEIGHT) The rest of the U.S and the world measure on a different scale ABV (ALCOHOL BY VOLUME). Utah for many years has been using the ABV scale but people still think of the iold one; ABW.
    To put it simply, 3.2% ABW = 4.0% ABV. The average beer made in the U.S. is not made around 6.5%ABV as was previously mentioned, but between 4.5%-5.0 % Which makes a difference of 1% - 0.5% on average. Not alot. And as for the Statment "Utah beer sucks" Utah beer has won many national and international awards.

How did you manage to dig this thread up?

Well, utah beer is good, what i am saying is the beer you buy at the the gorcery store here in utah is alot differant than the same beer in the liquor store here in utah,
    Yes Heiniken has more alchol in the liqiour store than it does in the grocery store here.

most other states have the same beer in the grocery store as in the liqour store.
    So that proves that a Budwiser in Utah is less alcohol than a beer in lets say Vegas.

If the beer is the same ABW VS ABV then why do they sell the beer cheaper in the grocery store vs the same beer in the liqor store.

obviously the liqour store beer has more alcohol.

spelling sucks

How did you manage to dig this thread up?

Ya this one is old, I think it came up in a search somewhere.
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

It was that way when I lived in Minnesota.
    You had to get to the liquor store before they closed at 8 or you would have to buy 3.2 at the convenience store.
    On Sunday no liquor sales were allowed so we would have to drive to Wisconson.
    Last edited by admedia; 08-16-2005 at 10:36 AM.

do yourselves a favour

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Since this thread started, I moved in with someone who knows the guys that founded Dogfish Head, they graduated from his fraternity right before he started.

And I still think a lot of their stuff is overrated.

That's all I have.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    Belgium beer is probably the best overall beer. I'm not sure about german beer though, i dodn't drink alot of it.

I'm more a brown (sweeter) beer fan then a blonde beer fan (a la heineken). And i rather drink from the tap then from a bottle.

But that last statement has been watered down a bit since i tasted Pauwel Kwak. Wich blowed me away for great taste. It tasted like a palm from the tap, wich imho is a great tasting beer from tap but just plain sucks when you drink it from a bottle (be it a big champagne sized bottle or those little one glass bottles).

I'm not sure about the US but there is really a huge assortiment of beer. Holland is a beer producing country (who doesn't know heineken) and next to Germany and Belgium. It's not hard to find a beer to match your taste and character.

-for good tasting strong beer try grolsch "het kanon" Traditional dutch beer 11.6% alcohol.

-for a great tasting sweet amber beer (my personal favorite at the moment) try Pauwel kwak 8%

-and seriously the only blonde beer i've tasted that i really really like is "wit ros". I havn't found it in a shop yet though, i think it's only for the tap. but i havn't been searching for it really. If anyone knows a place where to get this truly magnificant belgium beer tell me(and buy a crate for yourself )

ofcourse there's always the great somewhat larger names that are rather good for the price. like Palm, Koninck, Leffe, Westmalle, Hertog Jan, Hoegaarden, jupiler

my advice, always go for tap. It just tastes much better then bottle or cans (cans really suck btw). But there are some rare beers that just feel right, right out of the bottle.

p.s. what the hell is micro beer or brewery or something like that?

* belch

Moved to "Liquor, Beer, and Spirits Forum"