A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Quick Publishing Question

Quick Publishing Question

I have completed a website and I am publishing and uploading to its new home....however the pages are coming in at 800x600....what did I do wrong to get this resolution...I created everything to fit to 100 percent....I would like it at 1024x768...did I miss something in the publishing settings dialog box?
    Its been a while since I have done this and do not remember how? (Flash MX)

Did you set the resolution size of your workspace? This can be done on the property area for your entire workspace when you first create it. Or whenever throughout your movie but after you begin it means you'd have to make changes for everything to look right again if you resize the workspace area.

Hope this helps,
    Tyouk

Go to File/Publish Settings. In the Formats tab, check HTML. In the html tab, set the Dimensions: Drop down box to Percent. Make sure both percent windows show 100%. In the Scale dropdown, leave it at Default. The generated html page contains the object code you need to show your movie at 100%, no matter what resolution the screen is set at.
    Last edited by iaskwhy; 10-09-2003 at 12:15 PM.

Im pretty sure I started at the standard 550x400 stage size and I have set the html to 100%, I will have to check about the default....tyvm

If you used any bitmaps in the movie, they are going to look very pixelated at 100%.