dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: creating jpg or gif

creating jpg or gif

is it possible to create a single gif or jpg from online movie? I am trying to build an online designer where text, clipart, or uploaded images can be used to make a design. I would like to produce a flattened image as the final output. I am using php as a scripting language if that helps.

Thanks
    Anthony

Flashkit Jedi

Nope, sorry. It aint possible from any movie, online or off. But I think there are a lot of people who want that as a function.

XFM

Would you say that the only way to do this is to output the height/width, xpos/ypos, and colors of elements(clipart and uploaded graphic filenames), as well as font names, sizes, colors, and any effects and recreate it in a graphics program?

Flashkit Jedi

If you can find a graphics program that'll be able to read variables outputted from flash and recreate a picture, all online, then gimme a shout and tell me what it is!!

But yeah, if there was a prog that would do that, that'd be a way around it.

But remember that you'll need a scripting language to output like ASP etc.

XFM

I wish there was a program for that too.

I was thinking of using .php to output both an online printout and an email to graphic designer with all the variables and let them rebuild the design in the graphic program.