dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Chicago Area Training

Chicago Area Training

I am looking for a great hands on training forum. I've taught myself a lot after earning a degree and attending continuing education multimedia courses. My weaknesses are understanding how to make my sites run smoothly, efficiently and cut down on the load time. I'm now at the point of branching into dynamic sites as well as the basics of loading movies etc., that seemed to be brushed over in much of my previous training. I kind of did what I had to do to get the job done, though I know there's a better way to do it and now I have an opportunity to learn it. I don't want to waste money on repeating beginner things but also don't want to take an expert class that's too advanced for me. I would call myself an intermediate flash designer. Does anyone know of the best training facility, and if not, can you suggest what level of training I should go into. My main concern is creating websites that are dynamically put together.

Here's a few of my sites to help better understand.

www.out-of-the-box.net
    www.leopardo.com
    (the two above have sort of "case study" sections)
    www.folgiaymca.org
    www.pack-design.com
    (the two above have just flashed intros)

Thanks much!
    Last edited by kubitz0; 10-09-2003 at 03:32 PM.
    "Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on earth to do with such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling."
    -Vincent Van Gogh