A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 :)

RE: who you're rootin' for?

i can't belive you'd even ask ferrari all the way, but even though i love ripping the other teams its just for fun, i have respect for all the other drivers and teams. but i think all formula 1 fans love the actual racing, but hey, its nice to support a team.

just one driver gets on my nerves, dc. (but who's nerves doesn't he get on)

thanks for the weather report andrewBwinter, hope it comes down by the bucket.

keep the passion,
    protocol
    "Art is the biggest perpetration of fraud."
    picasso

Re: RE: who you're rootin' for?

Originally posted by protocol
    just one driver gets on my nerves, dc. (but who's nerves doesn't he get on)
    really? I like him, they're all a pretty good bunch, schumacher used to get on my nerves but he's really chilled out since he had a kid (just off the track though ). Villeneuve has been pretty miserable, but he's had a good reason.

the only professional top ranking driver I can think of who really annoys me with his attitude is rally driver richard burns, though he's an amazing driver in, what is in my opinion, the best and hardest motorsport championship going.

Re: Re: RE: who you're rootin' for?

Originally posted by aversion
    the only professional top ranking driver I can think of who really annoys me with his attitude is rally driver richard burns, though he's an amazing driver in, what is in my opinion, the best and hardest motorsport championship going.
    aversion, i think you have the wrong thread (FORMULA 1)

but thats ok as long as it doesn't happen again i will forgive you if you give your podium finishes predictions.

btw. do you support a F1 team?

protocol
    picasso

Villeneuve

Villeneuve's out. Just can't believe it.

Okay - he's not the best, but he's one of the ballsiest drivers out there. Anyone remember (way back when he had a car that worked) Estoril '96? Any year at Spa Francorchamps? Flat through Eau Rouge. Madness.

Is there any word on Villeneuve getting a new race seat for next year? I'm guessing that pretty much all the seats are filled. I'd hate to see him leave F1 .

Yeah - it's gonna be Schumi for the crown again (yawns) but for sure it's going to be an exciting race. We owe that to the new qualy rules (also thanks that we don't have to watch oodles of footage of DC stuffing up each race! :-O ).
    Peace, love and good happiness stuff.

missed today.

anyone know the starting line up for tomorrow (i never watch qualifying).

thanks
    protocol
    picasso

Schumacher in 14th.

Ha ha.

Raikonnen 8th at the mo.

More details as they come in.

no worries,

14th, i can't belive it, nothings worse than the dirty side of the track, and kimi on 8th. good thing i didn't watch, who's in p1-3, renault?

protocol
    picasso

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/...ml/default.stm

Here's the results.

You missed an exciting session - schumacher went out when the rain was getting to it's worsts. Kimi went out just as it started to spot a little, so he was okay-ish.

Ralf spun at the final chicane and decided not to complete the lap. Trulli decided not to start his.

I can't wait for the race - there's talk of rain for that too.

Doesn't rain just make an F1 race?? :-)

wow

yep, there's nothing like a race in the rain, and if it continues tommorow it could be a sweet one, kimi's got to win to have a chance but i think he'll be happy michael is so far back.

but like we all know there's the chance of rain turning the whole thing upside down!

all i know is it's gonna be good, and barrichello in pole has to help the ferrari constructor hopes.

protocol
    picasso

trulli and r. schumacher have a big advantage because their cars aren't locked down, they have to start from the pits but I think they will have a big strategic advantage over the ferrari in 14th because they can tweak their cars to the conditions, which could see williams to the constructors championship if they can take that advantage.

...only if it rains though/

You have to remember though - Schumacher could get a rear puncture, slam into a wall, lose his rear wing, part of his helmet, a few of his arms and the ability to see and move, and he'd still manage to win the race somehow.

The cream always rises to the top, and boy does he prove that on a regular basis.

The jammy git.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    How about Toyota showing off for the home crowd. 3rd and 4th's not bad at all. I see that Sato made no great intro with his new team. When, I wonder, will those idiots at BAR realize, it ain't the driver, stupid.

As for DC, he ain't such a bad guy, but he's getting just a bit past it. Bring Montoya into the McLaren mix, and that'll liven things up.

And anyhow, if it's dry, this thread is a waste of space, 'cause in qualifying, before the rain, you could see how fast the Ferrari was. When speed translates that well on a TV screen, you KNOW the darn thing is flying. 14th, 24th, 44th, it matters not for Shumacher. The Ferrari is optimized for this track, it's Bridgestone's test track - the title race is over, bar any whacky occurence, like a puncture.

Could happen, but I'm not betting on it.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

I don't think there's a big chance for kimi because he has to win the race, which isn't something he's likely to do, but there's plenty to play for in the constructors championship.

The williams look like being the fastest cars around the circuit if things are dry. In this morning's dry practice the two williams were fastest and the ferrari's were split by a renault. I think the williams will dominate the race if it's dry. If ralph can be smart with fuel and tyres he could negate the disadvantage of starting last by being able to skip a pit stop. We'll see what happens but my money is on williams. The renaults are also fast around here.

I wouldn't be so hard on Sato either, he's out performed Button this weekend, losing out in qualifying after locking up a wheel coming into the chicane, and Button's consistently out-performed Villeneuve this season (he has twice the points), so if Sato is faster or as fast as Button then they made a good choice. I'm sure they'd like a faster car but that's all about money init...

LOL @ M. Schumacher, 14 he he, i love Reanult and BMW, Montoya and Fernando but i just wish that the guys from Renault realize that Alonso should have the best car, i mean they keep giving the best car to trulli and he cant take the pressure, everytime he finishes a race he cant even walk.
    Thats so unfair, remember the last race? he had the "worst" car and he couldnt even finish and he was doing a far better race then trulli, well have to wait for next season to see some changes i guess, or just wait till fernando goes to a better team, can u imagine what he would do in Ferrari? pff Schumacher, GO FERNANDO !!

don't count...

don't count your chickens before they hatch, kimi will be praying for rain, it's the only chance he'll have against michael if the race is in mayhem. i hope no chumps hit ms during the start, that will sux.

yeah, trulli does get the better car, he must be dating the renault owners daughter. lucky for him cause if it was the other way around he'd never finish!

phreakdevil, the only thing alonso and jpm are gonna see at the end of the race is the ferrari tail. jpm lets everything get to his head, i remember i saw a race where 10 minutes before the start he was prancing about the track with diamond sunglasses on, you should be concentrating on the race, not acting like you own the track. what a

protocol
    picasso

Re: don't count...

don't count your chickens before they hatch, kimi will be praying for rain, it's the only chance he'll have against michael if the race is in mayhem.
    it could be mayhem in the rain but schumacher is also the best wet driver with the best wet tyres, I think he will be at an advantage if it rains and he doesn't screw up the pit stops, as in the last race. I imagine kimi is just praying full stop, even if schumacher drops out and it's nice and dry I can't see him winning, and he needs to win.

Re: don't count...

phreakdevil, the only thing alonso and jpm are gonna see at the end of the race is the ferrari tail. jpm lets everything get to his head, i remember i saw a race where 10 minutes before the start he was prancing about the track with diamond sunglasses on, you should be concentrating on the race, not acting like you own the track. what a

protocol
    Dont count on it, if ive learned something from years of watching F1 is that nothing is for sure, well see, about Montoya sure hes young and has a lot to learn like self-control, but i dont know if u can remember MS when he started, he was like that in some ways, besides he seems to love himself.
    As for Alonso hes the youngest person to win a F1 race ever, and thats something your "shumi" cant do, just give him some time and a good car, hes just a kid, hell be the best im sure.

phreakdevil

alonso is very good and talented, and renault is improving every race.
    they have done well this season and surely one of the teams to watch next season (i can't wait for it to begin already)

yeah, i have to admit that jpm is similar to what shumi was like when he started, but the diamond glasses? please, i'm surprised he wasn't mugged on the way to the race

tomorrow is all about points, and even though kimi is nicknamed the "iceman", ice melts and shumi's farrari is gonna start the fire.

protocol
    picasso

winner of the championship is inevitable imho, schumacher doesn't have to score any points unless kimi wins, it's a no-brainer.

the constructor's is another matter though, I think williams will show ferrari the way home, they've been fastest in practice. Schumacher won't want to battle too hard if kimi is near the top and barrichelo won't be enough to fend off both bmws.

I would love to see schumacher screw up under pressure, something he has done more than once this season, and for kimi to win, but I just don't think it will happen...