A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Moved>The future of swish

The future of swish

I know Swish was originally designed to be a flash tool, and even tho SwishMax rocks, its still not flashMX or flash 2004.

I think the aussies need to seriously consider making the next version of swish rival flash. The interface is awesome, it can be used by beggining people who just want quick effects AND advanced users who really want to get their hands dirty. What are peoples thoughts on this, do you think Swish could ever rival flash in future releases?
    "Yep this is as good as it gets... Depressing aint it?"

Well everyone has an opinion.

That's why we have a coffee lounge.

Swish help is about sharing information
    on using the swish product line.
    Thread Moved.

Frets

swishmax speaks for itself (it's MUCH closer to flash mx than it'll reveal at a first glance. the "aussies" have very well succeeded here). it's a feature packed piece of software, sold at a ridiculously low price.

so talking about the price - you're right, swishmax can't rival flash.

i would have closed this thead, but Frets was faster... so... happy discussions.

Its still not FlashMX or flash 2004
    Declaration - I am Australian...

SwishMax is now so close to Flash MX and MX 2004 in terms of its ability that the vast majority of Flash users would not feel restricted using it.

If you combine this with a user interface and movie construction method that is in many areas way ahead of MM offerings - you end up with a great piece of software.

IMO SwishMax is too cheap... But I can understand why they chose to keep it at a low price point.

I now do 99.99% of my Flash development in Swish 2 or SwishMax - and can rip out a design far faster than when I was using Flash MX...

I don't think MM need to get worried that a takeover is around corner - but you only have to look at the number of posts to the Swish help board at Flashkit to realise that this is a very very widely used piece of software.

SH