dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: No Contact

No Contact

Hi all-
    What do you guys do about no contact with a client, or vice-versa. Both have happened to me. A client just drops off the face of the Earth, and no response after 10,000 emails. In another instance, a company promises 1 weeks maximum turn around time on a proposal, and after 3 weeks, I still dont get a response, even after many emails.

What do you guys do about this?

I cant really call em, however, I can fax em

-YH

usually i am hosting them or i set up the host..that way i have exclusive rights to the site.. i have pulled down a high profile site and put up a page that said.."This company cannot afford their bills. " i had my wire transfer confirn within 24 hours

Originally posted by vampstko
    usually i am hosting them or i set up the host..that way i have exclusive rights to the site.. i have pulled down a high profile site and put up a page that said.."This company cannot afford their bills. " i had my wire transfer confirn within 24 hours

Ok, that covers one aspect, but what about when you are contacting a company for a design or out-sourcing?

email. if no response after a week, phone call. if no response after a week, another phone call (i'd be trying office phone first, then personal cell). If no response, letter. Then, if they are nearby i might drop in to their office and see what's going on.

But I've never done all that before since it's never happened.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

I hope you got a deposit and didn't over extend your time becuase .................... they are GONE !!!

and put up a page that said.."This company cannot afford their bills. " i had my wire transfer confirn within 24 hours
    hey vampstko, way to go man ! Nothing wrong with a little slander............. i guess

Señor member
    I'm having a similar problem, I know full well my client is a very busy man and I'm still totally confident he's going to honour our agreement but I'm concerned because part of this project was done at a low cost in exchange for publicity on his site which as each day goes past (and we're now 2 months past deadline already) isn't being given to my company!

Phone calls seem to go unanswered as do emails at the moment, I guess there's nothing I can really do about this one
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

Really this is me..... mentaleruptions's Avatar
    Originally posted by vampstko
    Im in the same boat here right now.

I host over 12 sites and im just about to pull the plug on them all for the same kind of reason.

My Flashkit Submited Movies:
    Guestbook: V.1.0 V.1.2 V.1.3 V.1.4 PHP Mail Form: V.1.0
    My Deviantart page: Link

Originally posted by jamble7000
    I'm having a similar problem, I know full well my client is a very busy man and I'm still totally confident he's going to honour our agreement but I'm concerned because part of this project was done at a low cost in exchange for publicity on his site which as each day goes past (and we're now 2 months past deadline already) isn't being given to my company!

Phone calls seem to go unanswered as do emails at the moment, I guess there's nothing I can really do about this one
    Same. I know that 37signals is extremely busy(putting in bids for yahoo and designing shopping.com), but my budget is well within the range they want/specify...its sickening how such a big name can't even respond to an email given 1 1/2 weeks to do so.

Its like the Smithsonian contacting Hillman Curtis with a budget of $75,000 and he never responds.