A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: philipkoether.com - new 2ad

http://www.philipkoether.com/ new 2ad

http://www.philipkoether.com/ dang, i always meant to use clarendon in a site too.
    www.Southshoregraphics.com
    Web Design > Flash > Logos > Vector
    Amazing Web Hosting

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    This site does almost nothing for me...
    Remember the days when each and every 2A site kicked ass?
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

really nice except for the type. felt a bit blurry, and too many varying fonts. fix that and it would be killer.

I love the SimplicityComplexity intro, great concept!

yeah it's not as flashy as their other sites, but i think it's just what their client needed, and that's all that matters in the end.
    http://www.newinteractivemedia.com

well, i guess the end-product also depends on the budget of the client, and the timeframe they give to develop the site, not everyone has the money to pay for a broadband full multimedia 3d flashy site.

You know, different solutions for different needs. Not everyone needs a killer site, sometimes a 50USD template is the right thing to do.

So, although true, the site is far away from the usual 2A style, it accomplish the purpose and at least, wasn't boring, which i guess what a succesfull site needs.

I wouldn't put it in cool sites though. It is well done, well designed, but not outstanding, which i think is what a cool site is. You know, not because 2A did it, has to be cool. It's elegant and clean, but not as cool as some other sites i've seen.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Wasn't boring, but was painful to read.

I guess 2a is more important than their clients. Their thousands of dollars go for the 2A image [advertising] on a useless splash page. I guess I'll never understand...

-----------------
    The animations are smooth as always .. i think the site should be more crispy though ..

Banned by *
    This site does almost nothing for me...
    Remember the days when each and every 2A site kicked ass?
    Yes, at our studio too, we always think that every one of their creations will blow us away. Yet they keep letting us down. The only few that did were V3, Phantom promo and 25MG.

The animations are smooth as always .. i think the site should be more crispy though ..
    I wouldn't think so. Testing the site at one of the test computers over here, the only computers it runs smooth on are 1.6 Ghz+ speed. Others, it's too awfull to descrbe.

This creation hasn't quite lived upto it's name. Techspace was a great corporate site although it was discriminated because of a few factors (like colour and reloading the page every time you click on a link). This was the worst I have seen though. But I guess it met the clients expectations and that's probably all that matters. From the style of the site, it seems like a Mike Hansen creation, but so was techspace, then why the lack of quality?

Makemedie.

i've had a few clients in my day and its constant diplomacy with em. especially creatively. i'm not sure anyone that could afford 2 advanced is bold enough to request something of their potential?

what tends to make the most boring 2 advanced a cool site for me is the typography. they really have tight layouts too. very professional. this one is especialy dry though but someone was gonna post it

www.Southshoregraphics.com
    Web Design > Flash > Logos > Vector
    Amazing Web Hosting

Are you sure this is a site done by 2advanced...?

Yup, its in their portfolio

Its a great layout and holds information well. And as always, smooth. But I agree with the different types, its too drastic too often to work for me.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

kinda baffled by people's reactions to this. No, it's not 'flashy' but it's well-produced and it works for the client. This, to me, is a more professional design than anything they're put out since skyworks.

I guess a lot of people want the 'whoosh', 'zip', 'whee' of flashy sites here but I think as web design becomes a more professional industry, sites will start appealling more to end users than other designers, and I don't think, for a site in this industry, that includes flashy motion graphics. The goal for a design like this is to be seen and not heard, for the end user to see the firm of architects not the website design.

it's not the best site in the world but it's a site that's about the client and the user, not about cool sites. If someone posts yet another 'looking for commercial sites...' thread I would point them at this.

Originally posted by makemedie
    I wouldn't think so. Testing the site at one of the test computers over here, the only computers it runs smooth on are 1.6 Ghz+ speed. Others, it's too awfull to descrbe.
    not sure what's wrong with your test computer but I'm looking at it on an 850mhz laptop and it's smooth as anything.

:|

Great site. 2A's been getting better and better. I'm not sure what all the talk is about, you guys who want just flashy stuff, you're living in the past. Those silly beeping days are over. This site is what great design is about.
    Illustrations, animations, games, and interactions on the web as you've never seen.
    SKYCASTLE STUDIOS

i agree with aversion.

the site works just good and i guess it all depends on the client's budget, ideas, wishes, etc...

Eye Digital Emotion
    Originally posted by CoreyXStevens
    I don't think 2A or Mike design for the satisfaction of the Flashkit community or the same 3,4 members who always cry when they see a site designed appropriately for its client, in this case, an architect.

Im sure a positive post like the one on k10k.net (who know design) will override a flashkit post anyday

Great job guys, looks good to me.
    Excellent post!

I agree with aversion's post, I guess people dont like it because its professional and doesnt have a 2 mb after effects/Studio Max in it.

Most clients dont care to have a site that takes 3 mins to load to get to the information, they want a nicely layed out site, where they can access the info fast & in a slick way. The site is well done.

Apparently, this is one of my favorite
    sites from 2A. It diverts from the
    chaos/techny look of this era and leans
    more towards a serious company
    presentation. Every part of the site is
    balanced and solid. Though the text may
    be blurry, the site is still great.
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    smooth site, does its job exactly as it should, enough said.

Bite Me
    not a fan of the colors, but that's just me I guess.

Feed me , **** me and shut the

well

this site was done fast, but its still nice, not amazing but nice, it dose its job, but why dose evry site 2a makes get on flashkit? issent this a cool site section? i love the music at the site, blowes my away.