A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Robotics Website Check

Robotics Website Check

Robotics

Does it slow donw (fps) a lot?
    The gray boxes in the team page are going to be buttons of thumbnails of team members.

Thanks.

I do not know if I am the only one, but the above link is not working.

youre not alone menendezn

my bad.

Here you go

blurred fonts. fixy.
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

fixed (hopefully)

first and foremost... whats up witht the alignment? its like, in the corner of the screen... wierd... maybe put it in the center or something....

if i recall correctly tripod gives you the option to have popups instead of banners, no? id pick them instead. most people can block em and then u dont ahve some ugly flashing thing on top of your site.

it pains me to say this, but the intro was really cheesey.
    neon green+black+white+3d text effects+techno=not good.

the fonts are still blurry

it took me a while to figure out u had to click the music tab and not just rollover to turn off the tunes.... well, it is past midnight so im probably a little dulled...

the site doesnt seem very unified.... youve used to many different fonts, content layouts, effects etc. it seems like u went throught the tutorial section of flashkit and did one of each special effect and stuck it on their.

its still kinda hard to judge with only 2 pages up, but its got potential

thanks for your input. ill align it later when everything is done.
    I only used one tutorial and that is to help make the light effect for the team section.
    Any suggestions for making the intro better? The school colors are green, black, and silver, so thats what i had to work with.
    Ill try to unify the site a little more, i guess, but this is my first site so i don't think it will help much.
    I can't seem to make the font in the home section clear, ive read thorough and did everything on the thread where it tells you how to make the fonts clear, but i guess it still doesn't work.
    This makes me feel bad about myself, but thats why i'm here, to make it better.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by dbarbarian; 10-12-2003 at 12:31 AM.

Lol getting your site critiqued shouldnt make you feel bad... it is all part of a learning experience, and learning doesnt hurt(unless you were a student in korea before they outlawed the practice of letting teachers hit students). So take all advice you get with a grain of salt, as most arent trying to insult, but rather trying to help, and please keep that in mind.
    Have a wonderful day!

on the buttons... the images that pop up, i can understand usage of pure vectors in order to keep file size down.. but if you have photoshop/whatever skills maybe you can get some images of stuff such as a stack of money, a house etc. and use transparent .pngs instead of the gradienty pics you have in some of them... but in some they look fine, such as the camera.
    Have a wonderful day!

how do you do transparent pngs?
    im not very good at photoshop

its like a transparent .bmp, except pngs are lossless, so better quality. basically have the image with no background in photoshop, like it will look like a colorless grid in the background, and save as a .png, and it will be transparent. dont know much else i can do to explain it though.
    Have a wonderful day!