A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My imported videos are running too slow

My imported videos are running too slow

Hi guys

I need some help. It appears that my imported QT movies are running to slow. I export them out of AFTER EFFECTS with SORENSON SQUEEZE.

Thereafter I impor them in to my 60fps flash movies. when i export the fla the movies run hella slooooooooooow.

any advice?

What is the frame rate of the AE exports?

the frame rates

Flash movie = 60 fps

AE Quicktime exported movie: 60fps. I tried 24fps and still no go.

I would never run a video .swf at 60 fps - way too fast, most computers just can't keep up.

It's best to export your .swf videos at a factored fraction of the host movie. I run all my movies at 60 fps and usually use either 10, 12, or 15 fps - all factors of 60. I have yet to find the need to run video anything faster than 15 fps.

So can flash only run QT videos? NO divx, mpg or wmv?
    glhf

I don't think we were talking about that - but you've got the list right. None of those codecs are supported by Flash. You could add Real to that list.

QT is not a codec - but Flash uses QT to help import video - so any codec in QT (except MPEG 1) can be imported.

It worked

I made the flash movie 30 fps and my QTs 15fps. Worked like a charm! Thank you!

Hey wheels long time no see, hows the book thing?, what are u going to do with all that work now? must be hard, anyways just to discuss something, u can import mpg or mpeg (if u have Qt or directx installed) and .avi with divx compression, same thing, if u have the codec; but youll loose the audio with mpg/mpeg.
    Last edited by phreakdevil; 10-13-2003 at 09:09 PM.

Hey Phreak,

Yea, I didn't come around for awhile after the book thing with FK fell apart - I was feeling a bit hard about the whole thing. I spent about six weeks writing my chapter. I may post it up in PDF format if I get the time.

I'm actually thinking about shopping my own book for Flash Video and external media. I'm currently building the ultimate component - a Flash media loader that works just like Quicktime. It's part of a bigger system I'm building using Java web services to admin sites - but I'm thinking of releasing the component along with a manual on how to use it as well as other methods for handling video, etc...

Blah, blah, blah...

Devilhead, Phreak always has good advice - and works on a PC so he has information that may be different than mine.