dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Client wants to negotiate.........would you?????

Client wants to negotiate.........would you?????

i quoted a client $650 for a flash intro that would involve me redrawing and animating her logo (a butterfly) and making it sprout from a cocoon etc etc etc....i was going to do it frame by frame...

she feels $650 is too much and will not get the website without the flash intro...she wants to know if there is anyway to get the price cheaper right?

so my solution is to take photos of a butterfly in its infant stages to adulthood and do some "cheaper" intro...question is where would i find a series of butterfly photos like that and am i going about this the right way?

questions or comments anyone???
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

if you do lower the price, make sure you lower the quality (not make it look bad, but worth less). the worst thing you could do is just lower the price without changing anything, because then the client knows she can just say lower the price and you will. you need her to see that $650 is how much it takes for that quality of work, and to lower it it will need to be shorter, less powerful or in some way worth less than the original.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    What you're describing there, J-Luv, sounds like it's worth $650 of anyone's money.

I'd say that if she decides not to go with that idea, you need to draft a whole new, more basic concept.

Where would you find butterfly photos like that? National Geographic? Maybe a natural history museum site? Do a Google on 'butterfly', 'cocoon' and 'chrysalis'. Asking for the appropriate permissions, of course.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by MG315
    if you do lower the price, make sure you lower the quality (not make it look bad, but worth less). the worst thing you could do is just lower the price without changing anything, because then the client knows she can just say lower the price and you will. you need her to see that $650 is how much it takes for that quality of work, and to lower it it will need to be shorter, less powerful or in some way worth less than the original.
    yea, thats the first thing that poppped into my mind is making something basic a beginner could do. definately not coming down on the price for the same project though...benn there and done that

i'm thinking about just tweening various photos of butterflies and having some text fade in and out with a music loop, lol.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    What you're describing there, J-Luv, sounds like it's worth $650 of anyone's money.

I'd say that if she decides not to go with that idea, you need to draft a whole new, more basic concept.

Where would you find butterfly photos like that? National Geographic? Maybe a natural history museum site? Do a Google on 'butterfly', 'cocoon' and 'chrysalis'. Asking for the appropriate permissions, of course.
    how "basic" would you get? give me an example??

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by J-Luv
    how "basic" would you get? give me an example??
    Give me around $200 and I'll do it for you.

Rather difficult to show an example of something so specific.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    Give me around $200 and I'll do it for you.

Rather difficult to show an example of something so specific.

hahahahaha.....i'll use my imagination.....