A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: broadcom.com

New 2AD

new 2AD i just like the animation, not very flashy but it's perfect for the customer and its clients

http://www.broadcom.com

I will say this, sure some of there latest sites may not be all flashy or very appealing to us designers, but 2AD always puts out a good product that fits there clients needs, and as of late they have been doing it fairly consistently. They have been putting out new sites like once a week.

I agree this isnt there best work, but they still make nice sites none the less and hey in the business of web design you get paid when you make SITES not when you make just one, and make it really cool

...do i make sense...probably not

I think this is some of 2A's best work right here. It is a great example of how they can keep their style and still put out something usable, pleasing, and not full blown. They have been showing a lot of diversity as of late and I think that is strengthening them. Great site.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Decent. Well-designed and simple... good looking.
    And boring.
    I don't think we've seen a true EJ site for a while now, though I could be wrong. None of their recent work has 2A's signature perfectly-timed rhythmic animation, which is really what made 2A so great in my eyes, more than layouts or "client fitting" (frankly, I don't give a damn whether their sites fit their clients, if I'm visiting a link in the Cool Sites forum I want to see a cool site).

EDIT: I know I've come across as something of a 2A critic lately... but I still think they're, when all is said and done, the best and most consistent Flash design house out there, even if more people are occasionally putting out single pieces of work better than the average 2A stuff.
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

nice site, good graphic work and animation in the flash.

really, i can't think of much else to say. its pretty corporate looking and has tons of info, not exactly the best place for them to play around an go crazy. its really quite good for the job. i don't know if its really a cool site. itd be sorta like saying ign.com is a cool site. they're both great for what they do, have useable layouts, but don't aren't appealing to me as a designer.

but as said, whether you like me or hate em, 2a is pretty good when it comes to consistency in their quality, which is probably a lot harder than it looks.

As technologies progress and
    designers/artists mature, forums across
    the internet (including this Cool Sites
    board) will be showing off work as soon as
    it is considered a solid design. Some
    people consider solid design to equal
    "cool". Others still stick to the idea
    that something has to be revolutionary for
    it to be considered "cool". In a technical
    sense, Mr. Freak may be correct. It's not
    revolutionary by any means. But these
    sites sure are solid and balanced. It all
    depends on your perspective of what to
    consider "cool" in today's standards.
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

Corey --

Well, considering I'm 16 years old, I think I've done pretty well. How COULD I have a very solid knowledge in design? Am I an amateur? Hell yes! Is it polite to speak directly to someone and say that his site "spells out amateur to the core, it's just too funny?" Not really. I have a solid knowledge in Algebra, or maybe sentence structure, but I've never taken a design class. I have an abundance of projects at the moment, and all the money is gravy; I'm thinking of getting a nice-ish car.

Oh, and not be an ass bud, but I've never seen your site win an award or be recognized in a "cool sites" forum (if you'd like I can provide roughly 20 links for you, though it'll take a while to dig up some of the posts from months ago on sites where they speak no English). And you probably learned your skills from a university rather than during free time after school.

I think we're all entitled to our own opinions. No reason to bash me for my opinion on a 2A site I didn't particularly enjoy.

Peace.

Oh, and ironically the representative from a large local design house that has just contracted quite a bit of work out to me is named Corey... odd how that happens, eh?
    Last edited by mr. freak; 10-14-2003 at 12:13 AM.
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

Banned by *
    Once again, that is NOT the 2Advanced I knew. I totally agree with Mr.Freak (nice name). Very well said.

Oh and yes, regarding what corey said...

From what I have seen (and heard), webfeats's creations are amazing. I have seen some of his work (loved listenupgroup), and its definately a good "cool sites" post. He's a judge at ITA (last time I checked), his work is featured at FFF, his work has been posted in the cool sites forum more than I can count, so why again isn't he a good designer?

His work is great. Keep up the good work mr.freak. Don't let anything discourage you. I wish I could have had Flash MX Pro out when I was your age. That time I was playing around with Flash 2...

His site probably wouldn't have gained as much recognition hadn't it been for his age. At his age, his work is great. In fact, I think some of his work is probably better than this new site that 2A just made...

Zak Petrowski,
    Motion Artist,
    Widegroup.net :: Digital Motion

Another solid site by 2A. It's also another site that I'd point people too if they asked for good corp site. Not good enough for a thread on a "Cool Sites" forum though. Solid, very solid, but nothing new.
    Illustrations, animations, games, and interactions on the web as you've never seen.
    SKYCASTLE STUDIOS

Originally posted by CoreyXStevens
    Not to be an ass bud, but that kinda attitude probably explains why your website spells out amateur to the core...you just dont seem to have a very solid knowledge in design...

You wouldn't make a good creative director, thats for sure.
    Corey,

How can you bash a 16 year old kid that has a killer Flash website with an obvious understanding of motion and rhythm - What Eric Jordan says is "lacking most in Flash developers") "Webdesignfeats" is far from amateur and quite well designed. A deeper understanding of design will come in time. Quite frankly I wish I had a slice of this kids ability at age 16. There is no doubt he will be continuing to improve on his craft as he gains more experience. It's a little early in the game to make claims against someone's ambitions. Flashkit is a place to build people up, not tear them down.

I am aware you work at a well known well respected creative house (Attik). You of all people should realize part of being a creative director is being able to recognize talent or spot beauty amidst the chaos, that is what design is all about. And if you can't see that "Mr. Freak" possesses talent then you are blind.
    Last edited by asun2art; 10-14-2003 at 12:42 AM.

Holy crap, I was just defended by the motion artist at WideGroup!
    Thank you!

Well, that made my evening! Good night, folks. I'll check the thread in the morning.

And thank you too, asun2art and Venio
    Be Happy.

-----------------
    Oh, and not be an ass bud, but I've never seen your site win an award or be recognized in a "cool sites" forum
    Surfstation, DIK ? where not ?

They dont produce typical "cool sites" but they produce the best work for big ass clients.

check press section :example:

can you stop with the personal comments for gawdsake? jeez, no one needs an award winning site to give their opinion, they just need to be able to back it up.

another solid commercial site, I agree it's not the 2advance we know but I guess 2advanced is changing. At the same time I wouldn't expect them to produce nothing but stuff like this from now on, I'm sure there's 'cooler' stuff coming, considering their own redesign and some video stuff they've done, I'm sure, given the right clients and budgets, there will be more coolness ahoy.

Broadcom by 2Advanced

nice clean design, probablly exactly what the client wanted, executed profesionally and downloaded quickly..good work.
    glenn

Flashkit's personal pest flashpest's Avatar
    I can't believe that blurry font on the nav

Originally posted by flashpest
    I can't believe that blurry font on the nav
    yeah your right, never noticed that....
    g.

makemedia?

makemedie?
    Hello,
    I'm sorry but you are not working in WideGroup.
    I'm the Creative Director from WideGroup :: Digital Motion , and I don't know why you are saying all this stuff.

Please stop this.

This person doesn't work in WIDEGROUP.

MODERATORS please, DO SOMETHING! .

regards.

Marcelo
    (CEO) Creative Director
    WideGroup :: Digital Motion
    www.widegroup.net

Originally posted by makemedie
    Once again, that is NOT the 2Advanced I knew. I totally agree with Mr.Freak (nice name). Very well said.

Oh and yes, regarding what corey said...

From what I have seen (and heard), webfeats's creations are amazing. I have seen some of his work (loved listenupgroup), and its definately a good "cool sites" post. He's a judge at ITA (last time I checked), his work is featured at FFF, his work has been posted in the cool sites forum more than I can count, so why again isn't he a good designer?

His work is great. Keep up the good work mr.freak. Don't let anything discourage you. I wish I could have had Flash MX Pro out when I was your age. That time I was playing around with Flash 2...

His site probably wouldn't have gained as much recognition hadn't it been for his age. At his age, his work is great. In fact, I think some of his work is probably better than this new site that 2A just made...

Zak Petrowski,
    Motion Artist,
    Widegroup.net :: Digital Motion
    WideGroup :: Digital Motion
    www.widegroup.net

Originally posted by mr. freak
    Holy crap, I was just defended by the motion artist at WideGroup!
    Thank you!

Well, that made my evening! Good night, folks. I'll check the thread in the morning.

And thank you too, asun2art and Venio
    Back down to earth with a bang
    Ian

Re: makemedia?

Originally posted by mmwg

MODERATORS please, DO SOMETHING!
    please PM or email me.