dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dreamweaver frames problem

Dreamweaver frames problem

Alright, the goal I am shooting for is to make navigation bar in flash. I have dreamweaver, I set everying up right to make a frames page.

I make the flash movie, using actionscript geturl command to load pages. The only problem is that I can't ever get my link to load in the right frame.

I have used _top and _parent in the "window", and when that didn't work, I renamed the frames and used the "expression" button, but still, every time I click the link, it opens it in the current frame (or it replaces the frame and loads using the whole window).

Anyone want to help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you haven't already, give your frame a name to identify it such as frame1 by adding name="frame1" to your <frame> tag. For example:

<frame src="page1.htm" name="frame1">

Now when you are using the getURL() function in your flash movie, instead of targeting '_self' or '_blank', put the target as 'frame1':

getURL("page2.htm", "frame1");

or maybe it's:

getURL("page2.htm", frame1);

I can't remember whether you add the inverted commas to the target frame or not...

Thanks, it worked.

Hey, just a way out of the topic question, how long does it take (on average) for some to become decent at actionscript? I have been working on it for a month and I still am horrible.

Hmm... well, I guess it just depends on how often you use it. I've been taking tutorials and messing around with ActionScript for about 2/3 months now and I know the basics ...