A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Become Guru- how???

Become Guru- how???

did you gurus who can take a problem and make it done in AS do it through taking it as a major, books, forums...what?! Hw do you become so prefiecent in AS? I would really like to know...

The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

Well ... I'm not much of a guru when it comes to ActionScript, but I have mastered Javascript and the PS2 programming language Yabasic ... and to become a guru in them, it just took a long long time. There is only any point in trying if you really want to. When I mastered Yabasic, at first I just look tutorials on the net and got help on forums and stuff .. but eventually I wanted to extend my knowledge so I got a few books and then I could practically do anything with it.

I guess it's the same in flash - it just takes a lot of patience, learning and dedication

Yabasic????

I didnt even know you could code PS2..

To become a guru: practice. Theres only so much you can learn from books and the net, all you can do after that is try to do really complex stuff by yourself. Frustrating but cool.

If you feel the need to see what a guru can do, and how you can improve in 3 years, look at Bit-101.com/lab, and compare his early stuff to his latest. He did start off at a pretty high level, but know he is practically God.
    Hariyemadzisawira nhaka yedu! Down the SCUD and win!
    I'm too lazy to read Private Messages.

I clicked around and couldn't find the old and the new stuff. the particle thing was quite impressive, although I dunno why someone would need that. Have you ordered the CD? I'm thinkin bout it....
    The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

In the lab, on the right hand side, there's a calender- click on a date, the day's example will show up. Source code is provided.

While I dont want to take money out of Bit-101's hand, until you understand the source code for the early examples, you will find the CD useless. His code is tight and difficult to read if you are not ( at least ) intermediate in Flash. But have a look through.. inspiring though often useless!
    Hariyemadzisawira nhaka yedu! Down the SCUD and win!
    I'm too lazy to read Private Messages.

Originally posted by scudsucker
    Yabasic????

I didnt even know you could code PS2..

To become a guru: practice. Theres only so much you can learn from books and the net, all you can do after that is try to do really complex stuff by yourself. Frustrating but cool.

If you feel the need to see what a guru can do, and how you can improve in 3 years, look at Bit-101.com/lab, and compare his early stuff to his latest. He did start off at a pretty high level, but know he is practically God.
    Well ... it's not really coding FOR the ps2, just on. The program was only released with the European and Australian PS2's, and is on the free demo disk which comes with it. The language is very similar to Quick Basic. There's nothing special about it being on the PS2, as you cant your programs as executable files or anything, just save your code to your memory card and execute it using Yabasic itself ... Although I should be greatful I found it, as if it wasn't fot yabasic, I wouldn't have looked into HTML, quick basic, javascript, php and flash!