A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Lunchtime redesign

Lunchtime redesign

Done in about 3 hours with a couple hundred lines of condensed actionscript and php for the directory backend. I don't have a proper Internet Explorer on any of my boxes, could you check this in IE, click around, see if things load as they are supposed to.

www.acubicle.com
    It's not EMBEDded, so it will not work in NS/Mozilla, as I reckon

Thanks

I have IE, and everything's A'ok!

Nice design, I like simplistic websites. I thougth the navigation was a very good idea too.
    http://www.newinteractivemedia.com

latest IE on windows nt, works sweet.
    graet mimiml cubist type site, the nav reminds me of a server control panel. very intuitive to use. love the vulcan busch too and the hot babe wallpaper isnt bad either.
    nice lunch time.

caithness massiv
    seemed to work fine for me but the nstates.php was a bit slow

does the ayb.swf have sound?? i noticed it was not draggable like the pics...

also nice job with the resizable window feature ... it's quite interesting...

seems to me you could do a better job with the breadcrumbs whilst navigating the site rather than just showing the currently loaded media... i would like to see that i'm in img > wallpapers > aug_2003.jpg

Thanks for feedback!

Good idea, agent vivid, I plugged in path display.
    allyourbase doesn't have sounds, and it's only jpegs which are draggable, since content is loaded into a holder clip, and dragging function on a holder clip would supercede any mouse actions in the swf that's loaded in it, should I want to load an swf with mouse actions.

some php files may get slow; nstates.php, particularly, queries the nationstates database, and I can't speed this kind of process up.

nav is actually sort of a server control panel - it takes file list from my content directory and displays it so I don't have to update any navigation XML or databases, just upload content

nice site... the buttons dont look like buttons, and less inclined people might not get it... since they dont have a rollover state or any aural feedback... on rollover or click or anything...
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

I was pretty sure the buttons had a white-on-black rollover as opposed to black-on-white normal state. Quite contrasting, I thought, defining too. I cut the hand cursor, since the font is 7px, and the hand cursor pretty much covers the whole button when rolled over.

oh they rollover now... before it was no cursor, no color... nice. youre right, nice contrast. nice site. nice images too.=)
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

Originally posted by alexxlea
    before it was no cursor, no color...
    Eh? Nope, there always was that exact rollover stage...