dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: script Planning

script Planning

Hi,
    I need help, ive been given a brief to design a system of drag and drop components, that can be used by an author without any flash experience to design any type of drag and drop!

Obviously there are a lot of drag and drop scenarios, i.e. one at a time / multiple, self-replicating drag item, how they score, how they react to a score, and many many others.

I have been asked to make a paper model first so that i don't get lost.

My question is what should this model be based on, im a self taught programmer, so haven't really used flow charts (should i?) etc, anyone have any ideas about where i can find "Planning tools for Programmers" , i have been refered to UML design patterns, although im relatively new to OOP best practice and am finding it a bit much.

Any idea's or general leads are welcome.

yes .. tis always a nice idea to use flow charts or flow diagrams ... but u may also write psuedo codes, that is the layout of yer program regardless the language's syntax, u wil use plane English to explain the algo. .....
    Theres a Devil inside us all .. only, some are afraid to bring it out !

thinking in a purely OOP way usually solves how im going to go about doing a large project.

just my 0.02
    This information is subject to change without notice and
    is provided "as is" with no warranty.

http://robertpenner.com/

Thanks all, many of you will be aware of robert penner, and i have just got hold of his book.

Robert Penner's Programming Macromedia Flash MX

It descibes flash's own OOP implementation and how to use it, as well as having a collection of v useful class's.

What's more, its solved my planning approach problem, chapter 2 has an excellent and simple example of how to plan a project, without getting too heavily into UML.