dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: text problem in Illustrator

text problem in Illustrator

I'm having a problem with my text in Illustrator. When I go to use certain fonts they don't appear the way they should, instead I am given a generic serif or sans-serif. I couldn't use them in photoshop either, but they appear normal in word. Has anyone had this problem, and what can I do?

Some guesses:

Do you have a font utility? If not, even the free ATM Light can help smooth fonts.

Make sure that you have 2 files for each font: a printer file and a screen file. Sometimes these are put together in a "suitcase" file.

Are these high-end Postscript fonts or randomly downloaded True Type fonts?
    So what becomes of you my love, when they have finally stripped you of the handbags and the gladrags that your granddad had to sweat so you could buy

They are true type. I don't understand how they go from working a couple of days ago, to not working today.
    Last edited by natrost; 10-17-2003 at 02:51 PM.

It could be a memory problem, i.e. if you have too many fonts loaded. The fonts could be corrupt, reinstall them if you can.
    So what becomes of you my love, when they have finally stripped you of the handbags and the gladrags that your granddad had to sweat so you could buy