A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Quick Flash Website Questions

Quick Flash Website Questions

I have a quick question to ask. I am making a website and, well, I don't really know how to make the code to kinda make everything on the page disappear and load another page. So, I just decided that when you click on a button, all of the information just instantly disappears and other information loads. Would I add seperate scenes or would I just add actions between each of the information parts? For example: On frame 7, there is a stop{}; action so that you can click on another button when you want to. Then, if you want to go to "Graphics" it plays frame 8 and if you want to go to "Downloads" it will go to frame 9. Is that how it works or is there another way? I would really really appreciate some help.

If your website is going to be very simple and all you want is for the content to appear and then disapear? ... then putting each page's content on different key frames will work. Just use this on the buttons:

code:
    on(release){
    gotoAndStop(your keyframe number)
    }

If you want something put together quickly then just do this but I'd go through the tutorials if I was you on this site and others and learn how to use Flash properly as this approach is very limited.

Oh, I wasn't going to make it like that. I just wanted to give an example to show what I wanted to do.

Huh?

Well if that's an example of what you want to do then it is the way you are going to do it? isn't it?

What do you want then? if you use scenes your gonna need a preloader for each scene if the content of each scene is quite large.

I'd use either scenes or load swfs into MC's or add MC's to the scene from the library when a button is pressed. All of these are different from each other and use different code. You can use all of them if you want.

So what is it you want to know then?

Ok, well, this is how it is:

That is how the layout is. What I want to do is that everything loads up and when you click on one of the boxes or options and the information in the middle just disappears and a movie clip kinda plays. So, if I want only the middle stuff to disappear and then other stuff to load, would I add another scene because the stuff will probably be pretty big. What I am basically asking is what do I have to do if I want only the middle portion to disappear and and load some other info. Would it mainly be on be action saying something like if I click a button, it would play a MC in that area or what do I have to do? I am in desperate need here. If I am still not explaining myself that well, please contact me at DrDeathX02@hotmail.com or add me to AIM with SpyerX or just post here. Works either way. Thanks in regards.

Well it depends on how much Flash knowledge you have?

I'd either, create seperate swfs for the content and then load these swf's onto levels above your main swf.

Or create seperate swf's and then load these into MC's inside you main swf.

Or if the contents were small you could create the MCs for each section and then pull these in from the library in your main swf.

If you don't know how to do any of the above I'd look at doing some tutorials, you've gotta learn how to walk before you can run.