A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Morphing Sphere Out of Page

-SiRCYRO-

Morphing Sphere Out of Page

I've seen it before, where an object, in this case a circle, morphed out of a blank page and was used as an interface.

http://animation.about.com/library/weekly/aa032101b.htm

There is an animation near the bottom of this page similar to what I'm looking for. You can see how the object sinks into the page and then comes out of the page as if the white part was made of liquid. It says it was made with Amorphium Pro, can I do this with Swift3D?

Does anyone know if there are any tutorials or examples similar to this, or if you can remember anysites with animations similar to this one? I'll post this in the FlashMX forum as well to see if I can get some more responses.

-SiRCYRO-
    I'm trying to do something similar to the who's we site, except only 2D with shadows. davyace made up his own version of the who's we, and I'd like to know how he made the sphere emerge from the surface like that. The links to the files on that are dead now, so I can't grab those sources.

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=471610

Anyone know how to do this?

just playing around, all I did was take two lathes, which the bottom point was at -0.250. I added a plane, and set it's Y coordinate to -0.251. Animate the sphere coming through the plane from -0.400 (Y coordinate) to rest at Frame 40 at 0... above the plane.

I used a simple white glossy on the plane, to simulate "nothing" and when the sphere comes through, and with better lighting, it'll just look like it's "popping" through from nothing.

works great on white.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

-SiRCYRO-
    Why did you use two lathes? Is each one a ripple? I'm guessing I'll have to change the lathe animation as the sphere comes through the plane correct?

Do you have an example I could look at?

I used two lathes to create a segmented sphere. all for looks. a simple sphere would work.

I'll crank up the Mac - posting using my PDA! - to show an example.

-SiRCYRO-
    I see what you did now, so really I don't have to create a ripple, I can do most of it with lighting.

I'd still would like to see your example if you dont mind. Wish I had a PDA to post from!

-SiRCYRO-
    http://www.vixor.ca/new.php

This is what I am trying to accomplish. I'm new to Swift 3D and I'm having a couple of issues. I think my biggest issue is the lighting. Trying to get the right effect without drowning out the color. The top of the blue sphere is a little too white for my liking, but I couldn't find many light settings. Also, with the placement of my lights, you can see the background color change now. I wanted to make the bg white, but then the ripple doesn't show up, even using differnt kinds of material.

What I'm trying to do is make it look like the template I made in Photoshop, http://www.vixor.ca/ but with the added animation. Then build the interface in flash.

Any suggestions on how I can fix the lighting, otherwise it will be difficult to match backgrounds if it keeps changing. I'd also like to make it have that sunken look, I'll have to play around with my lathe some more.

oh... you want the ripple.

I'll have to play more tonight.

-SiRCYRO-
    Whenever you get a chance that would be great. I've been playing around, adding my extra spheres and all of a sudden I noticed these lines on my lathe, I didn't do anything to my lathe because I had it locked, any ideas what these are caused by?
    Attached Images Attached Images

-SiRCYRO-
    Heres a nother shot of it.

looks like part of the lathe is showing up as a hard segment. sorta strange.

I haven't forgotten you... just now starting to understand what you want fully.

trying to be helpful and being busy don't really match

-SiRCYRO-
    I hid the lathe and put a plane there temporarily, and the lines went away, I guess I'll just try recreating the lathe, see if that fixes anything.

Don't worry about being busy, I know exactly how you feel! I appreciate all your help

-SiRCYRO-
    When I created my new lathe with the same settings and animation, the same hard segments appeared. I changed the lathe slightly and I got rid of the lines, but now I have two breaks in the ripple around the center circle. (At about 2 o'clock and 7 o'clock on the circle) What's strange is that they just appeared there all of a sudden, when I wasn't working on the lathe at all. Should I post my t3d file?

do you have any points or nodes there?

-SiRCYRO-
    Don't think so, those breaks are showing up on my lathe. I posted my t3d file for you to look at.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-SiRCYRO-
    Also, I have been playing around with the Glossy White material, and I cannot get it to reflect anything, is there a setting that I'm missing? I'm searching through tutorials now to find some more material tutorials.

go into the materials tab for the object and change the "reflection color" to anything but black. preferably a color similar to the color of the object.
    one other thing. i don't know how closely you want to emulate the example but if you have a look. the flat plane will fist bulge up as if it is being distorted by the shape under it. it then receeds around the edge of the object as it protrudes through.
    Last edited by BlinkOk; 10-27-2003 at 01:20 AM.
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro