A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: www.cpwstudios.com

Re: Wha??

Originally posted by cwflash
    No its not amateur in the least. I am full time professional Flash designer and have been for years. The work I do has a user base of 400 people world wide its created and developed by one person, me. I'm a pro and get paid for my skills.

My site is an outlet of creativity and its getting a great response. Nothing amateur I assure you. Its not completely coherent at this point and there are things to pick on thats for sure. I don't play follow the leader with my work and I am certainly not following a Flashkit norm thats for sure.

Believe me I appreciate the criticism but DUDE what is up with YOUR site?? Talk about amateur that things a scary mess. That big dark blue border and those toxic looking clouds?!!?? YIKES. Digital Portfolio?? what else would it be Analog? If you want to critique others work and have it taken seriously...Take that thing down tonight!
    Number one: It looks semi amateur. It doesn't matter if you are 'A full time professional Flash designer and have been for years' That has nothing to do with how good you are. Two: It is the flashkit norm. Three: He gave you Constructive criticisim, he didn't ask for your veiw on his site. And his site is awesome. And listen to ben, he's a smart one.

As for your site: It wasn't that bad. a little cheesy, but not bad. Deffinently need more colors.

Re: Re: Wha??

[i]

Oh and my site isn't anywhere near finished, so criticise it all you want, and if you need me to describe to you the difference between a digital portfolio, and a folio done on paper, let me know.

[/B]
    You have to point out that its digital when its online. thats what you would call cheesy.

Re: Re: Wha??

Originally posted by I_am_TheFlasher
    Number one: It looks semi amateur. It doesn't matter if you are 'A full time professional Flash designer and have been for years' That has nothing to do with how good you are. Two: It is the flashkit norm. Three: He gave you Constructive criticisim, he didn't ask for your veiw on his site. And his site is awesome. And listen to ben, he's a smart one.

As for your site: It wasn't that bad. a little cheesy, but not bad. Deffinently need more colors.

Telling anyone thier site is amateur is not an intelligent or meaningful thing. Its just passing judgment. Its not constructive criticism. If someone is going to try to slap an amateur label on anyones work and they themselves have not even gotten out of the starting gate your inviting the criticism. You dont sound to bright yourself but its cute that you are sticking up for your buddy. After looking at your site I can see why you think his site is AWESOME.

I am bored of this. Thanks for reminding me what its like to be in your early twenties. With little real world experience.

One last thing COLOR?!!! Did you look at my ART? Obviously not. Try again.

Cwflash,

I think you have alot of growing up to do, you may be older than us, but your maturity leads me to believe your younger than even me.

I am going to leave your thread now, mostly because I think that these threads are what makes FK look bad, and continuing this would do neither of us any good.

I wish you luck in your future career, but honestly, I think unless you really listen to what I am saying and refine some of those animations, it doesn't look very promising. I'm not saying it to spite you, it's the simple truth, I_am_the_Flasher already shows more promising work than you and he hasn't even finished school.

I think it's sad when you try to help someone, and they throw it back in your face.

ben

Final comment on this thread

I dont come on FlashKit that often, I have had some time off of a hectic schedule and wanted some eyes and minds to see my site that were not my friends or colleagues. I was hoping for some objective intelligence and thoughtfulness which I got some of thankfully.

Some of you however are living in a vacuum. Calling peoples work cheesy or amateur is not showing a lot of intelligence nor is it meant to be helpful. Its meant to make you feel like you are an authority able to dismiss others peoples design work.

I didn't come here to validate my work or myself as a designer. I already have a successful design business. I work with high profile clients and I love my work and the people I do business with yada yada yada bla bla bla.. Being a professional does not mean taking crap from people who are trying to act like something they are not.

If you have a half finished website with no clients or experience a signature made from a Photoshop plugin preset and you feel confident calling other people work amateur then you my friend are truly the amateur.

Bye and good luck!

ok for real now. Final comment.

I work for Autodesk full time as a contractor. I have for years. Before that I was Art director for an IBM business partner. Thanks for telling me your still in school but I already new that.
    Last edited by cwflash; 10-31-2003 at 01:51 AM.

Re: Re: Re: Wha??

Originally posted by cwflash
    You dont sound to bright yourself but its cute that you are sticking up for your buddy. After looking at your site I can see why you think his site is AWESOME.
    Hey man, if I feel like support is needed, then I give it. And that is not my site. That is the site which I am a moderator at, I visit it and write articles for it.

And the only other thing I can say is, you are being narrow minded and arrogant. Step down back into the earths atmospere.

That is all, thank you and good bye.

the only amateur person in here would be me.

Such amazing sites and you all should be proud of yourselves.
    I would give half of my life to be able to do what you guys have done.

take it easy and sorry for butting in.