Hey guys was searching on macromedias site and found this and instead of creating a link forcing you to open a window I decided ill copy and paste it... Am I kind or what? j/k

The Nokia 9200 Communicator Series of wireless handsets are one of the first PDA/cell-phone hybrids to support Macromedia Flash Player 5. (Although the Nokia 9200 Communicator Series includes the 9210i, 9210, and 9290, for convenience I'll generally refer to all these hand-held devices as the Nokia 9200 Communicator.) For developers, the ability to deliver Macromedia Flash content on wireless devices opens up a whole new range of applications.

Although much of application development for the Nokia 9200 Communicator is the same as that for desktop computers, some development aspects differ—and differ quite a bit. To help you make the design transition from desktops to wireless devices easier, I've created seven steps to move you toward wireless Macromedia Flash enlightenment.

Step 1: Take a walk
Walk around town and observe what people are doing. Seriously, this is the most important step for you to make the leap into developing wireless content. Play spy. Are people shopping? Eating out? Going to a museum? Take notes. You can use them later to generate ideas for practice projects that will build your skills. Only after you have really taken the time to see what people are doing can you begin to think about which applications on wireless devices would make those experiences better.

Besides, you spend way too much time at your computer anyway.

Step 2: Understand your new role
Building a Macromedia Flash application for wireless devices is a bit of a conceptual leap for developers used to the desktop-delivery method. Making this transition requires acknowledging that you're no longer the center of the user's universe.

For instance, if people are out and about using their wireless device, the intrinsic assumption is that they are actually doing something—experiencing something. If they are using your application, there's a good chance they are using it to enhance the experience they are already having. With this idea in mind, as well as the thoughts you gathered from your walk, synthesize your ideas about usability and how you would want your application to work in an on-the-go environment.

Step 3: Get the Nokia 9200 Communicator Series
Content Development Kit (CDK)
Meanwhile, back at your computer, get started with the technical details of building applications for the Nokia 9200 Communicator by visiting the Nokia 9200 Communicator Series Resource Center. Here you can download the terrific CDK (for both the 9210 and 9290 Communicator).

Not only does the CDK contain extensive information about developing for the Nokia 9200 Communicator, but you'll find several sample applications that cover a wide range of development issues—including how to create the all-important key-based navigation.

Step 4: Learn that keys are key
When creating applications for the Nokia 9200 Communicator, become thoroughly familiar with the navigational key. It's the primary way to navigate through any Macromedia Flash application on the device. For quick development, you can use Softkeys (created by Doug Loftus), a Smart Clip that allows you to map functions quickly and easily to navigation key events. It works with both the Nokia 9200 Communicator and the Pocket PC so you can save time when porting between these devices.

Step 5: Download the 12-bit color palette
Because the display on the Nokia is 12-bit, you'll only be working with 4,096 colors. Save yourself the time involved in hunting down the correct RGB codes by downloading the 12-bit palette I created specifically for Nokia developers. This palette has all the non-dithering colors that work on the Nokia 9200 Communicator. (The download also contains an in-depth discussion about 12-bit color on wireless devices.)

Step 6: Use pixel fonts
Your display space is limited to 640 x 200 pixels on the Nokia 9200 Communicator, as you can see in this display window. Furthermore, the screen itself is very small. What you are left with is an incredibly crisp but small piece of real estate. Because most fonts become anti-aliased in Macromedia Flash, smaller text can be next to impossible to read on the Nokia 9200 Communicator. I recommend you use pixel fonts for this type of work. The fonts offered by miniml are second to none and give you the results you need. With these small fonts you can both maximize the available real estate and create readable (and very attractive) text content.

Step 7: Remember what you already know
The beauty of using Macromedia Flash for application development can be summed up in one word: ubiquity. Sure, there are other things to learn about wireless development. In particular, I recommend these two books: Flash: The Future (by Jon Warren Lentz, et al., No Starch Press, forthcoming in 2002) and Flash Enabled (by Phillip Torrone et al., New Riders Publishing, 2002).

Some things are a pain to remember, though, like screen resolution. Macromedia Flash MX can help you here: It actually ships with two templates that are preconfigured with the screen resolutions and export settings specific to the Nokia 9200 Communicator. If you aren't running Macromedia Flash MX yet, you can still develop content for the Nokia 9200 Communicator; you just have to remember all of the settings yourself and you won't be able to take advantage of some of the other helpful features (such as advanced debugging facilities).

Still, all of your existing Flash knowledge is directly applicable and after implementing these seven steps you should be ready to start developing Macromedia Flash applications for the Nokia 9200 Communicator.
Hope this helps guys, the full url is http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mob...resources.html