A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gore v Bush

All I can say is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't vote for Bush...we've had to put up with him for long enough here in Texas..I know that neither of them are worthy...but that man scares me. He would be the one president to get us into another war...and he would be the one to raise censorship to an all new high and push individuals rights to an all new low. I mean this is the guy that the moral majority and the religious right would want in office...that is just wrong! I know that Gore would also be bad and might just decide to head up the censorship brigade...but he is still the better man for the 'job' because he knows what is going on in politics. Bush makes me think the first thing he'll do is get us into a fight!

who knows...we'll never have a good candidate because people are too concerned with morality in politics...i just wish a third party could come through for once...but not one of the loons like old H. Ross...

virtual elodea
    i cosnider myself an independent, but if i was asked, i'd vote for nader. gore and bush mixed togetther plus no babbling...real nice guy though he's older than my socks.

Bush does not seem to be very bright. If you watched Leno last week you could see that. He kinda reminds me of Hank Hill.

lmao@johnnie, i totally agree! I first thought of bush as Homer Simpson a long time ago, when i first saw him, but he reminds me more of Hank Hill! LOL!

"village idiot" not brackets ""

Wanna-be Jezza

Originally posted by johnie
    He kinda reminds me of Hank Hill.
    HA HA HA! He totally does!

I dunno much about Nader, but I definatly wouldnt vote for Gore (if only i was 18 Bush mabye stumbly bumbly, but atleast hes not a liar.
    Gore also has a secret message on his web site. Cmon! Who would wanna vote for a guy who has a gimpy secret message in his web site? (Wanna find it? goto algore.com and look at the source)
    Thats my $0.01, im missing the other penny.

Gores cool. Some of his supporters were giving away smokes to homeless people to vote.

I do understand the motivation by people to vote for Nader simply so they get that 5%.

But too much lately I've seen too much, "NADER!! NADER!!" and the Nader stickers on, would you guess? cars with punk and ska band stickers all over the back window.
    Nader seems to be very popular with the alternateens, and I hate to say it, but in most cases it's obvious that their show of support is for no other reason than to be different-to not go along with the Democratic/Republican majority.

I mean, how many of you, when you were below the age of 18, had a true personal affiliation and understanding of political parties and what they stand for?

I'm not at all saying young people that are not yet voting age don't have it in them to undersand the issues-I've been watching much of the MTV Choose or Loose, and there have been many young people who seem to be able to pay attention to the issues.

I don't know what to think about all the Nader supporters, most of the ones I see are doing it only because it's an option, and also because it's the "different" option. They're not choosing him because they want to see him as president, and they're not choosing him because he offers something better than Bush or Gore.

They're choosing Nader because they feel they've been slighted by the Republican or Democratic party in one way or another.
    I for one have tried hard to look at Clinton's presidency and put value on the governmental things he has done, which I believe have been very good. If we were able to vote for him again, I'd probably do it.
    However, on the issue of how he has conducted himself (Whitewater, Lewinsky scandal, etc) I think he is AN ABSOLUTE AND TOTAL DISGRACE to the office of the President. He should have been impeached, and I think they Republicans were within their right to take that trial as far as they did. Why? Becuase what kind of example does it set when our own president can get away with purgery, adultry, and disgrace? Not a good one, and from what I can tell other countries in the world have laughed in our faces at the spectacle of what was the Lewinsky scandal.
    Clinton was IMPEACHED (I've got the newspaper right here with a huge headline ,"Clinton Impeached", but the Senate chose not to follow up with their hearings to actually put Clinton out of office.
    So everyone goes and dislikes Republicans for pushing the investigation... I could not understand this. I mean, we have a process set in our Constitition with which events can be investigated, taken to trial, and which can lead to the impeachment of a president. The laws for the process to be done exist, plain as day.
    So why do people get so mad that the trial went as far as it did, why did they get so fed up with Kenneth Star for doing his job? A job which the Constitution says is both allowed and justified. I don't get it.

Too much during that ordeal was Americans feeling they were being inconvienanced and feeling as though what happened was no big deal. That's very sad. I think people who felt that and continue to have animosity towards Republicans really have no grounds other than an opinion based on doing what others do on which they stand-becuase if they knew anything about the political process, the Constitution and laws concerning political office and conduct, they'd know that everything that happened with the trial was within the law.
    What does a trial and an investigation set out to do? To establish truth of a given event, and to find fault in regards to it. Fault was found in the Lewinsky scandal, and it was on President Clinton. No doubt about that whatsoever.

Anyhow, I'm a Republican, however I don't see myself voting for Bush. I guess you could say I'm more for the best person, and in a way try not to seperate them all based on party. Each party has the same oppurtunity to have a moron running for office as they do a genious. If I am Republican, and all the Rep. candidates are brainless, unmotivated people-and the Democratic candidates are smart, and seem to be good leaders-who would you vote for? The party for which you feel an identity towards, or the party in which the best people are?
    Hopefully that's an obvious answer.

mg33

Not a Flash Kit Moderator
    The FlashDoctor

All of us are nerds. Anyone who would vote for a guy who says he created the internet should not have the nerd label available to use at their leisure
    BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JOHN CARLSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JOHN CARLSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH PS:I do admire Naders Initiative to stick with the issues. We need a normal president who acts like Nader. But I dont like naders beliefs. Cheers, Steve

War is futile: just drink beer phooka's Avatar
    Now is when I get all the "but you should..." stuff!

Well I do not vote. I wouldn't vote them even if I was american. I have got the right as a citizen not to vote, and I am consequent with my right.

My mum was communist, and I could consider myself as a "Neo-communist with anarchic glimpses". But I am very anti politicians. For me they are nothing but ppl in a desperate search of power.

I do not like power, so I do not vote.

I will be voting Gore. The only problem that arises in my situation is that I am currently a Indiana resident. This means that I can vote and have all my friends vote and their friends and no matter what the electoral vote for my state will go republican. There is no other way, I will express my opinion no matter how futile.

Dont forget to head into the booth tomorrow!!!

Vote Nader!
    I think on Flashkit he would have a real chance

Originally posted by Adasha
    Hey... aren't you UKFlash?

Regarding the US elections: "Read my lips... I'm not interested"
    And well said to adasha - theres more of the US election on UK tv than the UK election - and itas not right!

check this game

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sta...em/default.stm

'how to elect a US President'

A

I have never voted for the conservatives here in Europe - and I don't intend to start now!

if I could vote (if I was a US citizen that is) I'd go for the Democrats....though Gore is not my no1 fave he'll do!

A

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    Originally posted by Aria
    check this game

A
    And there I was thinking it's just one big circus.

Originally posted by Aria
    check this game

A
    ok I am now officially lost!

From what i've seen on the debates (and Letterman), bush is a total loser. No sense of humor. The man doesn't have the charisma to be a president. well....nor does Gore .....or Clinton.......Maybe a true leader will arise 4 years from now....until then, i wish you americans good luck.

If i had to...my vote would go to Gore, i think he can keep the world peace untill a better president steps up

A "true leader" won't have a chance in four years if everyone caves and chooses between the two candidates the big parties have given us. Those of you who don't like what Nader has to say--should have checked in to Brown and Haglin. There are thinking candidates out there, but they get stonewalled by the Repulicans and Democrats. I just wish we could vote sometimes for "none of the above". Give us a reasonable choice. During the last election who did we have a choice between: Slick Willy and a crippled old man. I know there are better men out there, why don't we get to choose from the best.

Nader has the best ads !

http://political.adcritic.com/