A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Targeting flash in flash.htm from menu.htm

Targeting flash in flash.htm from menu.htm

Hello all!

I know how to target an swf from an html.page, but only when it's on the same page.
    I can't figure out how to put a "geturl-link" as well as a "target-flash+gotoframe" in one (html)javascript tag.

Or: if I need two swf's and localconnection is the answer, how do I connect from swf1 in menu.htm to swf2 in portfolio.htm?

Thanks so far,

Lisa

Is there a reason why you can't load the movies into the same page? Generally speaking, that's the reason why you'd build a Flash site.

I suspect that if they really need to be on separate pages that you'll have to send the variables via GET or POST and then use PHP, ASP, etc to get those variable values and pass them into Flash when the movie is embedded into the page, such as:

<embed src="mymovie.swf?variable1=blah&variable2=blah2"&g t;

The future is now

URL appended data and Local connect

If you place the data/variables on the URL string then Javascript can pass those on Flash or do something like rdoyle720 said.

Local Connect can only pass variables from one swf to another if they are both open at the same time. Below I have included a link to the best Local Connect primer oout there.
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...connection.htm

Good luck. Let me know if you need any more help.
    President/CEO
    MediaRain
    www.mediarain.com
    boards@mediarain.com