A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: i'm NEW to this world of Flash

i'm NEW to this world of Flash

Hey, i need help. I'm new to Flash and i just got Flash MX and i've seen people do lots of things with flash. well, theres this site i'm making and evryone keeps telin me in order to put an intro to the site, use flash. but the thing is, i dont know how to use it and i dont know anything bout coding and stuff. i just wanna know if anyone has a certain tutorial or anything that show me how to use Flash MX in Laymen's Terms. Thank You to anyone that helps.

If you havent already done so, learn how-to motion-tween and also learn the basics of actionscripting.

1stly, at the core of Flash MX is movieclips & actionscipting. If you were too get a good understanding of those 2 concepts, you'll be creating some flash magic in no time ;p

v2 Components in Flash MX 2004 are a step up aswell from flash mx
    consultant / contractor / designer

For a Flash intro, you're probably going to need very little Actionscripting. Learn how to do motion and shape tweens, and investigate easing (this really makes animations look better). Always use a framerate higher than the standard of 12 (I use 20, many use 24 or 30).

Flash USED to have great tutorials to explain animation, but unfortunately they now focus on programming. Search the FlashKit tutorials or other sites on the web. Consider visiting a bookstore where you'll find plenty of books on Flash. The animation side is a good place to start, I'd recommend books like the Visual Quickstart guides to get you going with basic ActionScripting.

Thanx

Thanx for the help. By the way is Flash MX the best one to get. I seen alot of different flash programs out and i was jus curious about which one is the best to learn because i really want to get into this.
    Thanx again

I'd say Flash MX is the best product. Although if you are looking to create 3D animation, you should look at getting Swift 3D ...

I'm new in this 2 !!

And i tell u, don't believe in tutorials believe in this people in the forum, this people are the best of the best believe me, if u want we can help each other just add me to ur msn messenger mine is Cubanpapi16@hotmail.com , see you.....!
    This is my future, your future ;-)

i do believe that with motion tweening you will be able to do many things already, probably just a few actionscripts like stop(); and maybe gotoAndPlay();

also, i think Crazy-Mx does have a point... though i'd say that the tutorials here work well... but if you want to confirm anything at all...

come here to the board! we've got a lot of members who help out as if they were the 911 of flash developers!

in a way, this is also a big THANKS! to all those people!
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL