A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: To Flash or not to Flash

To Flash or not to Flash

I'm so new I don't even have Flash yet.
    My questions are can I use Flash MX to make 30 second animations with sound and hot spots or do I need Flash MX Professional? What type of sound files can you add to Flash? Can you add hotspots to animations after they are done and make an interactive cd? What resolution should the animations be made at if you intend to deploy on cd?

Hi,
    i think you can do your animations easy in flash MX. Actually you don't need a resolution, or better, you don't have any resolutions in flash, because its a vector format. Resolution is dpi = dots per inch. In a vector format you don't need that because you don't save the pixels but vectors (e.g. a point and a radius to display a circle). I don't know excactly which sound formats you can use, but it should be the typical ones like mp3, wave, ...
    Greetz!

wicked awesome
    you can do everything you just said in regular ol' flash mx.

theres a function that lets you publish your flash movie as a stand alone player that you can run from a cd with no plugins needed.

good luck

go for Flash!!

I just realized how powerful this programe is and now have to catch up with the rest of the world!!

...what have i been doing!