A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: time: rough estimate to compare

time: rough estimate to compare

Hi. This is not really a how much to charge question but I'm just trying to see if I do things in a "normal" time bracket or to compare me speedwise.

Let's say you have to do an animated banner with two sliding images, provided by your client and two simple text effects. (that you can do with templates or swish or whatever)
    All you have to do is make the an image slide in, wait and then the text images come in with alink to a web site and reapeat the process two times.

No image creation is involved, just put some text with a nice font. Not a big job.

I'd like a couple of persons to make a rough estimate of how much time they would take to do it.

Thanks a lot.

5 million USD. I don't think I'd be over pricing...I do have bills I need to pay for the rest of my life...Im just kidding. If there was no image creation or modification and all you had to do is put a tiny bit of text and a graphic slide in, I'd probably just do it for free let alone maybe 20 bucks just so I can then go eat a meal for free.

Ed

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by cougrhky20
    I'd probably just do it for free let alone maybe 20 bucks just so I can then go eat a meal for free.

Ed
    Ah, college. Where the most important meal of the day is the next one.

Tough to say bloug, until you demonstrate these images you describe. I've had plenty of people say they've got image work for a project, and when they produce, they proudly pull out some god awful crap and then expect miracles.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting