A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: plz advice...(do you think i can survive for long run?)

plz advice...

Hi,
    i'm a hardcore actionscript programmer, neverthless i cannot do design.., so i always have someone beside me to do the design and i'll do the coding. (yes, i'm talking about flash).
    my question is, should i stay in this line? (should i stay put with flash). do you think i can survive for long run?
    btw i'm based in Singapore, so any good designers who might need a core actionscript programmer in Singapore, feel free to email me =D
    cheers!

any reply would be much appreciated!

-Darv

SPAMMER
    Are you doing flash development (php,mysql etc)? If so, then yes that will always be needed and pays quite well. If you are just doing actionscript, then i think you should branch out to other coding languauges and learn how to integrate them with flash.

Also, you seem to be limting your search to singapore, alot of designers are happy to telecommute with a developer. It is easy to build up a working relationship online using msn messeneger or similar.

Good luck with your search for work.

i think you'll be fine if you do good work and pick up a good network of clients.

PM or email me by the way, I'd be interested in learning specifically about what you can do...

I think you should make a sample webpage with all your skills displayed, then post in the design forums that you are looking for a design partner for your buisness...

thanx for the replies guys.

so stated by jaybirch, i'm willing to network with those anywhere around the world. juz email me! =D even if itz a no pay work, i'll be willing to help.

currently i'm pretty much doing actionscript, but i can do lots more with other programming languages.

so anyone?

youll be fine with just actionscripting and interfacing with other languages...I would recommend that you jump into Actionscript 2 as soon as possible though, to get an edge...

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by isc00011
    ...even if itz a no pay work, i'll be willing to help..
    Your gesture is generous, but never give it away. It screws the rest of us, and could come back to bite you in the butt as well.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting