A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash player for nokia mobile 3650

flash player for nokia mobile 3650

hello

i am portuguese and my english is not good..sorry..

where can i find a flash player for my mobile?
    i want browse the *.swf files using my xhtml nokia browser..

thanks aquiles boiça

the following url is Macromedia's "home page" for mobile flash players, news and developer information.

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/devices/

I dont think that most WAP browsers support the plug-in architecture that is common to desktop pc web browsers. Maybe someone else can verify this.

Instead of developing Flash as a plug-in for mobile device web browsers, MM's mobile device strategy seems to be to develop standalone Flash players for a given platform or device and develop a business relationship with the manufacturer to install the standalone in the device.

So if the wap browser on 3650 does not support plug-ins, then you will probably need a stand alone flash player. However, according to the link I posted above, there is no official flash player available for 3650 at this time.

There are a few "unofficial" flash players ported for other platforms. Perhaps you can find one of these and use it with your device. I believe there is a flash port for series 60 phones including the 3650. But these unofficial flash players may not support the entire feature set that the official players have.

I am not sure where you would find these players. Perhaps you can search on the web. Or maybe someone else has a link for these.

some flash player for the series60 generation

hi,
    there are some other flash player for Nokia NGage, 3650, 7650 and Siemens SX1 etc., but no offical 2G S60 MM version at moment. i use a pocket pc to simulate other devices, works good.greetz.sonic

some symbian links

FLASHmobile Links

http://www.flashmobile.de