A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: size of a flash app

size of a flash app

Hi im making a cd rom for university as part of an audio module. Its supposed to be a promotional cd for a music artist.

I have designed it to be 750 x 400 pixels. Is there a way to stop the user from clickin on the maximise button and making it bigger?

Hope i have described what i mean.

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    You could turn off the scale command so even if they do press maximize it will still stay the same size. Also so you could set it so it automatically goes full screen and make everything outside your main frame black. The only other thing I can think of it have it open in an internet explorer window and turn off the maximize function there.

how do i get it to open full screen but with the main part the correct size but the rest black (round the edge)? That sounds like it would be the right kinda idea.

snickity-snick-snick

Making Full-Screen Projector Files

Set the background of your movie to black. If the background of your actual movie is another color, make a layer on the bottom of your movie with a big rectangle that covers the stage. Color the rectangle whatever color your movie should be.

Add these two lines of code to the first frame of your flash animation.
    Code:
    fscommand("fullscreen", "true");
    fscommand("allowscale", "false");
    ... and then make a button somewhere in your movie that says 'Quit' or 'Close' to close the projector. You attach this code to the button:
    Code:
    fscommand("quit");
    Make sure you include the button. You'll annoy your users if they have to CTRL+ALT+DLT to get rid of your presentation.

Once you've done all that, just publish your movie as a projector file and you're set.

thanks very much for your help rusty fly and pooon for both your posts.

Thanks to rustyfly for the help on how to do it, i'l post later to let you know if my little brain manages to do it!